What's new

Euro R Problems clarified

KevC

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Type S
Hi All

I have a couple of issues with my Euro R that we are dealing with but thought it might e useful to share:
  • KPH to MPH - Euro R's do have a 'Pulse' sensor not a Canbus one, so the £25 fix from kbtv on ebay works a treat - the sensor is at the front of the gearbox, roughly underneath the airbox
  • Pre-Cat O2 Sensor - euro R's ARE Wideband O2 and nothing else I have tried works - the correct part is £420 + VAT from Honda!! Torque GT are shipping me one from Japan for £267 delivered
  • Stereo - I have tried all types of standard Accord system to replace the Japanese one, and they all work, I have settled for the single disc cd player and I am installing an aftermarket media system for phone and USB
  • Battery Drain - my Euro R doesn't seem to have Bluetooth on the standard system, but did have a battery drain. What I have found is that with the GPS removed (for the Jap Sat Nav) and the SMART box for the keyless entry unplugged it seems to have solved this issue.
  • Vibration under hard acceleration - replaced both driveshafts and problem resolved

Hope this is helpful to others
Cheers
Kev