What's new

extended studs or spacers?

TheHole

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Honda 2.2 i -ctdi
Hi chaps... im hoping some one may have done this mod on their 6th gen..

Basically a friend and I run a rover 600 Ti as a track car. This is basically a 6th gen accord with a 2.0 turbo lump.

We currently are running a set of honda accord wheels, as seen below.
SDI_7258.jpg

SDI_7259.jpg

Our problem is that they sit in too far and we need to push them out to get a better track width to help stabalise the car.
Have any of you run hubcentric spacers or extended wheel studs ? ( we need to run an extra 20mm either side, so 40mm total)

Any help would be great as the handling is good, but could really do with some extra track width

Standard spacers will only do a maximum of 5mm, i have 3mm on the front, but any more i feel i would start to loose threads for nuts to grab on too.

What you need is these hub extenders either Ebach or H and R, there a couple of sizes available. http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=hrwheelspacers;car=hondaaccord;manufacturer=hrwheels;sub_category=1

And for a about £200 get your self a rear anti roll bar, 22mm preferable, with those 3 mods, itll be a different beast!

Standard spacers will only do a maximum of 5mm, i have 3mm on the front, but any more i feel i would start to loose threads for nuts to grab on too.

What you need is these hub extenders either Ebach or H and R, there a couple of sizes available. http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=hrwheelspacers;car=hondaaccord;manufacturer=hrwheels;sub_category=1

And for a about £200 get your self a rear anti roll bar, 22mm preferable, with those 3 mods, itll be a different beast!

Marcus, I would never want to use a non hubcentric spacer as once the alloy is no longer correctly seated on the spigot ring, things become rather dangerous.

I have looked at those kits you have listed and have seen them before... my interest is which one is a better option :

1) Spacer that bolts to hub, then the hubcentric spacer has its own studs to which you bolt the wheel to.
or
2) replace the wheel studs for ~ 25mm longer ones and then use a hub centric spacer to slide over the longer studs, then attach the wheel.

Ok well here are some things, basically option 1 is what the items i show you do, the slide onto the original studs, screw on, then you have a bigger spacer then a new set of studs xmm further out.

Option 2 would fall short of the same problem as the basic spacers inrelation to the wheel centering.

This guy here runs ARP extended wheel studs and has used a spacer which comes with a centering ring so it would wobble outer balance etc.

AS you can see he has gained loads of track front and rear, i believe as much s 30mm.

:lol: