What's new

F20 vs F23 Autogear

Havoc

Members
Reaction score
Car
Ford :/
Hello guys. Havent been here for a certain time. As Im thinking of getting another 6th gen (just love them) id like to know difference between engines stated above. who doesnt know they are 2.0 and 2.3 type V. Car will be mainly commute vehicle (about 60 miles each day) and i wont do any LPG. thanks for advice in advance... have a nice day mates

The 2.3 is said to be more sedate than 2.0, it has more torque but is less revvy. The Type V was more of a luxury cruiser with all the optional extras on it.

Id like to enjoy sporty ride from time to time. Shall i get 2.0 then? I had it before i know how this engine performs but dont know nothing about 2.3

Are you buying an Auto? If so I would consider the 2.3, it would suit it well, more refined and more low down torque.

The 2.0 only if its manual because these cars rev hungry so with a manual you can give beans and red line it.

Yes mate as my topic said im going for auto transmission. Im sick of changing gears in traffic jams.

You might aswell try out the 2.3 and get all the toys with Type V, you will get better low end torque, no point getting higher revving engine as you wont be able to rev it,

Thanks mate. I will try type V then. Do u kniw something abiut hondas sat nav? Are they good. The car im looking for has built in sat nav. Would i need any update at all?

I don't have any experience personally, they are very old units now and I don't think you can get updated DVD's anymore, so it will be old maps and old interface. I'm sure I have seen threads about it on here so you might want to do a search on it or started new thread.