What's new

Facelift differences

honda_saj

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Does anyone know what 2003 pre facelift differences are can a pre facelift be easily modified ?

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

To convert it into a facelift could be a lot of work, especially if it's a diesel (PFL was only a 5-speed gearbox, plus there were changes to the fuel injection system).

I know the obvious visual stuff like the chrome lip on the bonnet, but I reckon there'll be tons of other less-obvious stuff that will entail replacing the MICU and wiring looms.

Petrol model was looking to upgrade trip computer would that involve just as much

You mean you want to put a trip computer from a facelift into a pre-facelift ?

If so, you'd have to look at the circuit diagrams as a start, to see what the trip computer connects to.

If you look in the ESM, when you select a different year, some things change if it crosses the FL "boundary".

The best years to use to look at the differences are 2004 and 2007, that way you can be sure that the ESM is giving you pre-FL or FL

easier just to buy a facelift, why would anyone go to the trouble of converting one to another, if it was just a few bumpers or side skirts perhaps i could see the point its not financial sense to do here however.

honda_saj said:
Petrol model was looking to upgrade trip computer would that involve just as much

freddofrog said:
You mean you want to put a trip computer from a facelift into a pre-facelift ?

If so, you'd have to look at the circuit diagrams as a start, to see what the trip computer connects to.

If you look in the ESM, when you select a different year, some things change if it crosses the FL "boundary".

The best years to use to look at the differences are 2004 and 2007, that way you can be sure that the ESM is giving you pre-FL or FL
Let us know how you get on Saj

Will do freddo yes mainly interested in adding trip computer

honda_saj said:
Will do freddo yes mainly interested in adding trip computer

Probably quite achievable with the right information , might be enough in the ESM :)

Don't think this conversion would be cheap and will most likely involve some wiring and new hardware.

May look into further and then decide im suspecting at least micu possibly ecu and wiring loom