What's new

Facelift grille

gazbills

Members
Reaction score
Car
Black 2007 Sport GT
Could someone please confirm that the front grille on the 7th gen facelift is the same for the petrol and diesel. Spoke to someone over at Honda R today to enquire about ordering a mugen grill and he seamed to think they were identical. I'm sure I read something on THAOC with regards to the slam panel being different. Didn't want to spend £250 for something that won't fit.

Cheers.

I think the slam panel is different mate, because of different components fitted in the diesel... im sure someone will confirm this.

It's definitely different on the pre facelift as the bonnet release is different. Perhaps Monks can confirm on the facelift - drop him a PM Gaz.

Cheers Monks, he's confirmed that the facelift model grilles are transferable. :lol: No wonder I couldn't find any CTDI specifics on eBay.

Thanks for the bargain mugen replica grill And badge Monks. Grille is at the bodyshop as we speak. Will be on today weather permitting. Pics to follow. Even the misses is looking forward to see the final product. Eibach's springs next after seeing monk's tourer.

The modding bug has most definitely bitten you my friend :eek:

GA54 BLS top chap great to meet you fella shame it was monsoon weather hey!

Your car is cracking and with the grille and being dropped will be a superb example.

Certainly has my friend. Thanks for pointing me in Andys direction. Saved myself 200 quid from not buying a genuine mugen grill. Got the red mugen badge to go on it but not sure if it might be to much for the car. Looking to install to the far right of the grill with it parallel to the bottom. Also not sure wether to spray the mesh gun metal grey to match the alloys.

Nah Gaz its got to be in the middle or nothing IMO, you could try getting hold of a silver / black one might be more subtle looking.

Badge definitely in the middle Gaz, and spray the mesh black. No other colour works on mesh in my opinion..

I'll listen to the voices of experience on this one then. The middle it is as once it's
installed on the car I'm guessing you can't get to the back of the grill to move the badge with out taking the whole lot out.

You can mate you would just need to remove the plastic slam panel cover and then you would be able to undo the badge wing nut. Swapping badges on these is easy you saw how many I had lol

What do you guys think? Need to take a photo with the badge central as well. Paint still drying properly. Fitting tomorrow then taking in on Monday to get it polished up and the mesh
0171ac8f.jpg

Very nice mate :ph34r: Best way to paint the mesh is with a brush.. t won't really adhere if you spray it.

badge needs to be in the middle ..looks a bit odd like that :lol:

Gaz very nice mate, cant wait to see it fitted :lol:

nice buddy, try it without the badge first for a cleaner look. We all know its supposed to be mugen anyway :)

Well here it is installed on the car minus any badges. The mesh is being resprayed tomorrow and the paint buffed. More than impressed with how it looks if I do say so myself.

c5adb886.jpg

might install a small H badge but at the mo quite happy with it blank. Eibach springs are def next on the shopping list and need to get the right fog cove lr repaired if possible.

Oh yeah man its looking moody I love it B)

Well here it is installed on the car minus any badges. The mesh is being resprayed tomorrow and the paint buffed. More than impressed with how it looks if I do say so myself.

c5adb886.jpg

might install a small H badge but at the mo quite happy with it blank.

WIN! B) looks cleaner with no badge

lookin very good mate,agree mate no badge personally....very nice

Very nice mate, car looks much meaner now ! :D

Very nice indeed, but defo needs a badge matey

Squeaky clean shot before the rain started.

88b997b3.jpg

A small H badge is on it's way to fill the gap.