What's new

Facelift steering wheel

crespo

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.0 i-vtec
Anyone know if i need the facelift airbag.? I know the wheel is pretty much the same and i am considering buying one but i don't need the airbag and would like to use my pre facelift airbag. And are the cruise and radio buttons plug and play.??

Anyone on here know.??

The only difference i can see Neal is that the facelift has voice activated controls so somthing to bear in mind.

cheers brett. I will obviously remove the HFT buttons. I just dont know if the pre face airbag will fit straight on the facelift wheel. It looks like it will. I don't know if the function butons will be plug and play either due to the facelift having illuminated buttons. Hopefully it is all just plug and play. I cant see honda changing the wiring for a tiny facelift.

Neal the only thing i can find is this.It might help a bit.If this haven't been done then you will be the 1st ;)

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/731-steering-wheels/

Neal the only thing i can find is this.It might help a bit.If this haven't been done then you will be the 1st ;)

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/731-steering-wheels/

Thanks mate, It looks like if there is any potential issue it will be the buttons. But i can just use the buttons from my Preface wheel if necessary. But then again it may be a straight swap. Only one way to find out i guess. :D

Thanks mate, It looks like if there is any potential issue it will be the buttons. But i can just use the buttons from my Preface wheel if necessary. But then again it may be a straight swap. Only one way to find out i guess. :D
Yep i cant wait to see if it works now :lol:

Thought i had better update this thread. you dont need the facelift airbag and it is pretty straight forward. here is what it looks like.

HondaPicturessamsungEX1003-Copy-Copy.jpg

Cool, glad it worked out, very useful to know. Do the buttons illuminate?

Cool, glad it worked out, very useful to know. Do the buttons illuminate?

I used the buttons from my old wheel. I could have used the facelift buttons but there is no pre wiring for the illumination so there would have been a bit of wiring to do to get them working. and they illuminate green and my car has orange illumination. frankly my OCD wouldn't be able to cope with that.