What's new

Factory Sound Systems

Yadash

Members
Reaction score
I've been looking at some 7th gen's and I've got a couple of questions about the sound system(s)

Firstly, do any of the cars come with a 3.5mm input or usb input

Secondly, how many different types of units were there and which is the best, am I correct in believing that the Navigation system comes with the best speakers?

Thanks for the help guys!

There were 7th gens without sat nav that also had a premium sound system, they came with amplifiers and better speakers. The premium sound system I think was also a 6 disc changer. I don't think any of the 7th gens had a 3.5 input jack or usb but they can be gotten as an accessory/aftermarket kit.

Awesome, thanks, so all of the Navi models come with the premium sound system

unless you are an audiophile the premium sound system is rather good, it got tweeters in the front x 2, 2 door speakers (not sure what ranges) and 4 speakers in the back, 2 of which are subs i believe in the rear shelf?

To the best of my knowledge yes, but I do know that there was an accessory kit available for a car without factory fit sat nav, and I don't think this unit came with the amplifier, I'm sure these units are few and far between though :huh:

No... you need to check the headunit itself .. if it has PSS on the bottom of it, it is the Premium Sound System.

my car does not have sat nav but it has the PSS...

IIRC, and please correct me if im wrong, but all execs came with the PSS fitted.

I've got pss without satnav and a factory sub in the boot of my tourer