What's new

few issues with 05 plate 2.0 exec

TheHole

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Honda 2.2 i -ctdi
Hello All :).
Its been a while and i hope you are all well.

This is on behalf of my parents as their accord is being a bit of a pain.

1) we cant get any hot air out of the driver side dash vents. This is even the case if i shut off all the other vents and just run it through the one near the drivers window.

2) we cant get any hot air out of the windscreen demister when the dial is moved to demist the screen.

Another issue is that i took the car to get the aircon regassed and they filled the system up but it doesnt work... No leaks where detected but i presume the compressor unit has failed.
Any advice if i should take a used compressor or buy a blue print part?

Thanks

Adam

there's a built-in diagnostic in the car, read this link from this point to the end
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/14575-heater-problems/page-2#entry205013

re the aircon, the system on the petrol car is very easy to trouble-shoot (not so the diesel), before thinking about the compressor, check the relay and the pressure sensor as in my DIY (no need to read past the first page as the car is a petrol, but make sure you read down to #15)
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/10382-diagnosing-aircon-problems/

also read from here onwards
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/20146-heater-control-module/?p=217546

Thanks for that.

If i hold auto and off i get a segment 'k' show up.

If i hold auto and dual whilst starting the engine, im getting an error on number 6.which is consistent with the issue im having regarding the drivers side air always being hot.

I tried to lookup for details on how to fix this but came up with very little

Although it's not possible to see the "target temperatures" with the system in diagnostic mode, did you ramp the "target temperatures" up and down with the system in diagnostic mode ?

You need to make sure that Dual is off, and look at #6 and #7 to see if they differ. If #6 is stuck, then the reason that there's very little abut fixing it is because no-one has ever tried .....you have to remove the centre console to get into it all.

I didnt do that but will this morning. A little more research points towards the motor door being stuck.

Still have yet to check alll the Aircon relays too

TheHole said:
I didnt do that but will this morning. A little more research points towards the motor door being stuck.

Still have yet to check alll the Aircon relays too
A quick check that's not in any of those links, is that the radiator fan and the condenser fan and the compressor clutch, all have the same Denso relay. So wait until one of the fans comes on, then swap it with the compressor clutch relay. If the fan continues to operate then the compressor clutch relay was good. In that happens, try checking at the pressure sensor .

Anyone reading this, note that the above only applies to the petrol models, as the system on the diesel is very different.

Managed to find a bit of info on this :
http://acurazine.com/forums/problems-fixes-114/strangest-c-problem-ever-831545/

A post from this thread:
Here goes:
DTC B1235 or DTC indicator K: A problem in the driver's air mix control linkage, door, or motor

1-Clear the DTC by turning the ignition switch off, than to on (ll).
2-Operate the climate control system in several modes.
3-Check for DTCs using the self diagnostic or HDS.
Is the DTC B1235 or K indicated?
Yes-go to step 4
No-Intermittent failure
4-Turn ignition switch off.
5-Test the driver's air mix control motor.
1-Disconnect the 5P connector from the driver's air mix control motor.
NOTE-INCOPRRECTLY APPLYING POWER TO THE MOTOR WILL DAMAGE IT. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
2-Connect battery power to the No.1 terminal of the driver's air mix control motor, and ground the No. 2 terminal; the driver’s air mix control motor should run, and stop at max hot. If it doesn't, reverse the connections; the driver's air mix control motor should run and stop at max cool. When the driver's air mix control motor stops running, disconnect the battery power immediately.
3-If the driver's air mix control motor did not run in step 2, remove it, then check the driver's air mix control linkage and door for smooth movement.
If the linkage and the door move smoothly, replace the driver's air mix control motor.
If the linkage or the door sticks or binds, repair as needed.
If the driver's air mix control motor runs smoothly, go to step 4
4-Measure the resistance between No. 4 and No. 5 terminals. It should be between 4.2 and 7.8.
5-Reconnect the motor's 5P connector, then turn ignition on (ll).
6-Using the backprobe set, measure voltage between No. 3 and No. 5 terminal.
Max cool-about 1.0V
Max hot-about 4.0V
7-If either resistance or voltage readings are not as specified, replace the motor.

Is the driver's air mix control motor OK?
YES-Substitute a known good climate control unit, and recheck. If the symptom/indication goes away, replace the original climate control unit.

NO-Replace the driver's air mix control motor or repair the linkage or door.