What's new

Few MOT issues, 06 Accord 2.2 i-CTDi

philly4477

Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-CTDi Sport
Hi guys, new to the accord scene bought one the other day and love it :) but I had a look at last MOT (June 2011) and a few advisaries were given:

Nearside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.3)
Offside Rear Anti-roll bar synthetic bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.3)

Is this anything to worry about, is it a dear fix or do I even need to worry?

The car is a Accord 2.2 i-CTDi Sport with 99000 miles

Thanks for the help

Hi Phil and welcome to TA,

The advisories seem normal for a car which has almost clocked 100k, the bushes are not expensive from main dealers not sure about the labour but shouldn't be much. A suspension refresh with new bushes at this mileage is no bad thing and will make the car feel much better and tighter. Not urgent so can wait a bit if need be.

I also had to replace the arbs last mot and mine had only done 88k.

Hope this helps

cheers,

yea thats great ill prob get that done after xmas among a few other things i.e corroded alloys and a misting passenger headlight but im sure you are aware of these problems. any tips on the headlight? i took the full beam bulb out and used an air compressor with a hose attached to clear the mist. 10 mins later with the lights on it steamed up again. frustrating.

im used to volkswagens really hope the honda is as good a car

My Accord has just failed its MOT on 'worn compliance arm bushes' @ 138k miles.
I will update you with the parts + labour cost once I have it.

Hi guys, new to the accord scene bought one the other day and love it :) but I had a look at last MOT (June 2011) and a few advisaries were given:

Nearside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.3)
Offside Rear Anti-roll bar synthetic bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.3)

Is this anything to worry about, is it a dear fix or do I even need to worry?

The car is a Accord 2.2 i-CTDi Sport with 99000 miles

Thanks for the help
If you are refering to the dog style anti roll bar bushes they cost around £10 for both sites from the dealers. And If I were you then I would get that sorted out before it causes more damage to the suspension components.

My Accord has just failed its MOT on 'worn compliance arm bushes' @ 138k miles.
I will update you with the parts + labour cost once I have it.

I have been quoted £475 all inclusive to replace (on both sides)

lower compliance arm bushes
anti roll bar drop links (not broken, but MOT advisory that they were seriously corroded)

Getting the job done by Honda, as I need a no-nonsense quick turn around. Plus the steering had started to get a little vague and I was getting little knocks under certain circumstances where I was turning the steering wheel (full lock, braking etc).

Regarding lights misting up inside - the only solution I have found, was with a BMW 3-series, was to leave the access cover off the rear of the unit, which fixes the problem.

Keerat,

£475 for bushes???
I did them last week and I paid £20 for a bush and another £20 for the replacement in a garage.
I asked in Honda and they wanted £120 including labor, parts and VAT for one side so it is still only £240 not £475 ?