What's new

First attempt at detailing - advice needed

wenbebber

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-DTEC Tourer
I'm now the proud owner of an 8th gen Tourer and as it's my first 'proper' car I want to make sure I take good care of it. After browsing this forums and a couple of others I've come up with the following regime (using mostly Autoglym products) and would appreciate any advice on where I might be missing some obvious areas, or something I might be doing wrong or could improve on.

Interior:
Hoover, Interior Shampoo, Leather Cleaner and Leather Care Balm on the seats, glass polish on the windows and some Vinyl and Rubber Care where needed.

Exterior:
Clean Wheels on the wheels using a wheel brush, rinse, IronX on the wheels, thoroughly rinse the whole car then shampoo in the door shuts with a lambswool mitt followed by shampooing everything else from top to bottom.
Rinse it all down again and apply IronX to any problem areas, rinse again then clay mitt the windows and paintwork using shampoo as a lubricant as per the instructions on the mitt.
Rinse and dry everything with microfiber then apply Super Resin Polish. Rinse again and dry again, then apply Extra Gloss Protection then some Turtle Wax (this is what I have at the moment, is it worth shelling out for Autoglym's HD wax or another wax?).
Glass Polish on the windows on the outside then use some Rubber and Seals where needed, then apply some Bumper and Trim gel, some Tyre Dressing and some Wheel Protector.

Thanks in advance, glad to be a new member of this forum :)

not a problem another one is detailing world forum if you have time to go through it

All depends on how far you want to take it. Problem with super resin it's a filler polish so hides the scratches till you begin to wash it.

Have a look at Poorboys black hole which is a glaze, this will do a similar job to super resin but I prefer it.

If however you want to do some proper paint correction then consider investing in a Dual action polisher to cut the paint.

Also have a look at fusso wax which is a great product.

All above I'm using and tbh I really take detailing seriously so use a DA to cut the paint. Recently did my sisters Civic diesel and took loads of scratches out.

@typer How soft is honda paint I am planning to use megiuars power da g3500

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

honda_saj said:
@typer How soft is honda paint I am planning to use megiuars power da g3500

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
I didn't find Honda paint to be that hard tbh. All depends on the compound and pad you use. The machine you mention is very good

Another important factor when choosing products - what colour is the car? And is it matt or metallic?