Flasher / Turn signals not working

@li

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi all,

New to the forum so please be nice ;)

Just bought a 2001 2.0 Accord SE Exec manual, (to use as a stop gap until I can afford a newer one!). Everything about the car is nice, except for that fact that the turn signals refuse to work! Completely dead! Nothing happens when I (i) flick the stalk (ii) press the hazard button. No interior tell tale lights, no exterior flashers and no ticking. However, when I lock/unlock the car, the flashers flash as they should. Therefore, the bulbs are all fine. I am thinking its a busted flasher relay maybe??? Anyone else had the same/similar problem? If it is the relay - where is it located?

Seems to be a common problem, however, all google searches primarily point to US forums...

Sorry about the long post and too many questions!

TIA - any and all replies are appreciated :)

Cheers!
Ali

first and foremost check all your fuses. the security flasher circuit is separate to the hazzard and turn signal so that can be ruled out as it is working and allso the bulbs. the hazzard circuit has a separate fuse. it may well be the hazard relay but allways start with the fuses.

Hi beefy_634,

Thanks for your reply mate. I looked inside the fusebox located in the passenger footwell and couldn't find any fuses for the flasher circuit. Are you sure that this circuit is fused? Is it not just a relay?

Cheers!
Ali

Im not sure if its the same but the fuse in my 7th gen was under the bonnet and marked up as hazard lights.

Hi brett,

Thanks for your reply. I'll check in the engine bay fusebox too....however, its not only the hazard lights but the stalk not functioning as well....I'll have a look anyway and see what i can find....meanwhile, I'd appreciate any other input from people who've had same / similar problem.

Also, what's the best place to buy Honda parts?

Cheers!
Ali

have a good search in 6 th faults im sure there is something on this.
as for parts give hh a call if you look around the forum you will find lots of great feedback from them.

I have a similar problem that sometimes the indicator just doesn't work, it seems to stick 'on' but it is very infrequent and usually pressing the hazard brings it back to life.

I have bought a flasher relay but have yet to fit it.

The relay is at the driver side, open he coin drawer and remove the screw, now unclip the lower dash. You can see the fusebox access panel on the extreme right hand side of the dash, adjacent to the door hinge. Although the fuses can be accessed from there, the relay needs to be accessed from the inside apparently so unscrew and unclip the dash.

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S1T01&block_02=B__1311&block_03=2653

B__1311.jpg
ITEM 16

Thank you all for your replies....appreciated :)

Right......I've fixed it. Not the relay, neither the fuse...it was a disconnected hazard switch! The idiot who owned the car before me took out the dash panel...in the process, he broke the screwed stub behind the headlight adjuster, and left it disconnected (!) and also left the hazard switch disconnected....some people £$%%^$£$"....anyway...connected the switch and voila! it all works :D

So all sorted now :)

cheers all ;)

Ali

good on you fella and best of all no cost

Great news that it is fix Ali!

awesome m8 love simple things that are easy to fix but solves big problems :D

Cheers guys :D

Did take quite a bit of fault finding and in the process had to remove (read break!) a few trims etc...but got there in the end so well chuffed :)

Ali

Cheers guys :D

Did take quite a bit of fault finding and in the process had to remove (read break!) a few trims etc...but got there in the end so well chuffed :)

Ali
Exactly the same scenario and fault. The seller, in taking his radio out, had disconnected the hazard switch plug. Thanks for your help