What's new

Folding door mirrors

tonygnome

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4Ex
Hi all.

Does anyone of the collective forum mind hive out there know if I can set the folding mirrors to auto fold in when you lock the car, unfold when you unlock? The Mrs (it's "her car" really) always manually folds them when she gets out. I forget that she's done it, drive down the road and have to find the damn switch!

Tony

PS. Is there a forum section for selling? Do I need more posts to see this? I have some 7th gen parts for that I could do with clearing out.

Hi all.

Does anyone of the collective forum mind hive out there know if I can set the folding mirrors to auto fold in when you lock the car, unfold when you unlock? The Mrs (it's "her car" really) always manually folds them when she gets out. I forget that she's done it, drive down the road and have to find the damn switch!

Tony

PS. Is there a forum section for selling? Do I need more posts to see this? I have some 7th gen parts for that I could do with clearing out.

Hi Tony as far as im aware you cant set the mirrors to auto fold.If you can i haven't found a way yet :)
As for a sell section yes there is but you need to build up your post count as this is to stop SPAMMERS

Hi Brett

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think it could be done - I even read the manual! It's strange though for a modern car to have it as a manual but not automatic function. There must be some sort of Japanses logic in there?

Tony

PS. Thanks for the info regarding the selling section. I'm all for stopping the scammers and I'm no rush.

It can be done but it needs some knowledge of wiring, relays etc., it`s an add on and not part of the way the car is currently set up. It has been done on mine but don`t ask me how