What's new

Front driver side water leak

Oistush

Reaction score
Car
Accord
So woke up Christmas morning after heavy rain to find the drivers side carpet sopping wet.
After removing the seat, carpet, half the trim, I have located the leak to the front right of the drivers side, water hose on the windscreen I can see water running down from somewhere around the wheel arch.

I’m unsure if it’s the windscreen seal or maybe a blocked drain hole.
has anyone seen anything similar? Or even know where the drain holes should be?

I've been watching this guy and he has similar problem but with a Lexus but his method for locating leak should be universal I would think.
He had two leaks one in the boot at start of video and the other leak is like what you are describing which is covered second in the vid, worth a watch might help you locate where it's coming from

Also read some of the comments section as there were alot of good pointers from others

I ended up with a rust problem in my old Accord because a windscreen fitter had at some stage blocked the drainage channel behind the side trim of the windscreen. The car was designed to drain any water that ended up behind the trim via the roof rails, and big blobs of silicone had blocked this path. Unfortunately I only figured this out after the first rust bubbles appeared (a spray painter had also sanded through the zinc coating at the edge of the roof, compounding the problem).