What's new

Front fog lights stopped working

shab_the_man

Iron Man
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
Accord 05 Exec cdti
right guys, today I changed some bulbs and had the bumper off, when everything was back togeother my front fog lights were not working. Now Jav was round and he mentioned that when we took the bumper off the relay was not attached so I think I must of forgotten to attach it back to its place last time so has been knocking about. I'm unsure how long they have been out.

Now checked all fuses and even sent a direct current to the bulbs and they work. The light on the dash lights up when I turn it so the switch is working. There is power at the relay but I hear no clicking at all from the relay when engaging the fog lights. Bypassed the relat and lghts turned on.

So wanted to get some advice before buying a new relay, is there anything else I shoul check?
Looks like its a rc-2201 relay which is an old and commen relay.

Secondly is front fog lights not working an MOT failure?

I would say Shabz it sounds like the relay I'm sure this is a common fault.
As for the MOT I'm not sure but would say they have to work.

I would say Shabz it sounds like the relay I'm sure this is a common fault.
As for the MOT I'm not sure but would say they have to work.
Thats what i'm thinking, will give HH call and see how much they are

mate mine dont work,, and sailed through an mot yesterday !!

although it will need sorting,, where is the relay you mention ?

Hi Mate

The relay is located under the front bumper on drivers side. It is bolted to side of the headlamp. Hope that helps

Hi Mate

The relay is located under the front bumper on drivers side. It is bolted to side of the headlamp. Hope that helps

sorry to hear that bud, but hopefully it should be a cheap fix with the relay, the front fogs not working is not m.o.t failure bud, there are still many cars without front fog lights

i had the same problem, turned out to be the relay,it the second one i have had to replace since owning the car. HH are best for price on the relay as they include the delivery for free. hope u get it sorted