What's new

Fuel consumption

Shane

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.0i V-Tech
Hi guys, been a while since I've been on here.

Just wanted to check if anyone knew why my fuels consumption was extremely low and what I can do to fix it? I'm getting about 30 miles from £10

apintofmild

Members
Reaction score
Car
Golf GTD
That's roughly 19mpg. Hole in the fuel tank? Brakes stuck on?

Monzta

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Aerodeck
When was it last serviced?

Monzta

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Aerodeck
I put £30 in my Accord yesterday and got 150 miles out of it doing mainly town and motorway miles. So yours is definitely pretty bad. Can you pop it into a garage and get them to check for any fault codes?

nokia

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen IDTEC Saloon
Check air filter is clean and brake not binding. Perhaps a few squirts of carb cleaner through the intake. Check all wheels for brakes binding. and tyre pressures

Shane

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.0i V-Tech
Hi guys, for some reason it's not letting me PM you both... Don't suppose you could send me a message?

honda_saj

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Just to add brakes binding wont cause that much on fuel economy mine were binding for a while before i sussed out, definitely some engine issue here to get that low economy you would need to connect hds or similar to get fuel data

RA55

Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer '05
Just to add brakes binding wont cause that much on fuel economy mine were binding for a while before i sussed out, definitely some engine issue here to get that low economy you would need to connect hds or similar to get fuel data
What data you would be looking to be right?

honda_saj

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Air and fuel values, also misfire data