What's new

Fuel consumption

Shane

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.0i V-Tech
Hi guys, been a while since I've been on here.

Just wanted to check if anyone knew why my fuels consumption was extremely low and what I can do to fix it? I'm getting about 30 miles from £10

That's roughly 19mpg. Hole in the fuel tank? Brakes stuck on?

When was it last serviced?

I put £30 in my Accord yesterday and got 150 miles out of it doing mainly town and motorway miles. So yours is definitely pretty bad. Can you pop it into a garage and get them to check for any fault codes?

Check air filter is clean and brake not binding. Perhaps a few squirts of carb cleaner through the intake. Check all wheels for brakes binding. and tyre pressures

Hi guys, for some reason it's not letting me PM you both... Don't suppose you could send me a message?

Just to add brakes binding wont cause that much on fuel economy mine were binding for a while before i sussed out, definitely some engine issue here to get that low economy you would need to connect hds or similar to get fuel data

Just to add brakes binding wont cause that much on fuel economy mine were binding for a while before i sussed out, definitely some engine issue here to get that low economy you would need to connect hds or similar to get fuel data

What data you would be looking to be right?

Air and fuel values, also misfire data

guess all sorted then ;) Did you weld the fuel tank :p

guess all sorted then ;) Did you weld the fuel tank :p

Me personally to some extent. More easy on the throttle, lower tyre pressure, added Shell half tank higher octane fuel, on average now is 18 - 20mpg.
I couldn't figure out the data from OBD initially so just giving some space for the car at the moment and will play around it with later :)

Cool well let us know if you need help with values