What's new

Fuel filter needed

Kolodenko

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
I have a problem my 1983 1.6 dx accord Wont start, petrol seems to be not getting past the filter in the engine bay,it starts when i manually pour in the carb, its the removable filter in the glass type dome where can i get one as it looks very old or can i change it to an online filter? All help appreciated,none on eurocarparts ebay or a page.... poss need to change one near tank too hope pumps ok was fine till recent

I think that i can help u with that.
From the database i have in this case i can help you only if you send me your VIN number in PM

That last picture is of an after market "fuel saver" could be the trouble, eliminate it. Join the pipe with a piece of copper pipe then see if you have cured the problem.

edgeoftime said:
That last picture is of an after market "fuel saver" could be the trouble, eliminate it. Join the pipe with a piece of copper pipe then see if you have cured the problem.
thanks John, I put the pipe direct to the carb, still won't start i suspect the fuel pump, as cars so old can i use a universal fuel pump?/ also i need to check the filter near the tank... any advice greatly apprciated

Jan Accord said:
I think that i can help u with that.
From the database i have in this case i can help you only if you send me your VIN number in PM
Thanks Jan am ok now i found its an aftermarket filter i found filters online but now suspect its the pump?

Kolodenko said:
Thanks Jan am ok now i found its an aftermarket filter i found filters online but now suspect its the pump?
Hey
No problem :)
I can check for the pump if you want