What's new

Fuel pressure problem.

TheJamMod

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi folks, the car has been struggling to start from cold in the last few weeks, but it started instantly when warm.

Today it didn't start from cold. The RAC guy said it was likely a fuel pressure pump problem. The EML was on as well.
I haven't changed the fuel filter in 2.5 years... he said it's unlikely to be that.

I have noticed slight hesitancy when applying the throttle in recent weeks, quite sluggish for a second then picks up again, but it wasn't a major symptom. Happened twice.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
You haven’t changed the fuel filter in 2.5 years but don’t think it could be that, yet you think it might be a fuel pressure problem? Come on man!!

Do the filter, eliminate the easy stuff and then move on from there.

Reread what I wrote.

I never said it wasn't a FF issue, I'm going by what the RAC guy told me. I told him it could be the FF, but he dismissed it. I have a FF in the boot, so I will get that changed today and see where we are at. I will report back.

Changed the FF. The car is back to normal. :)

Stick to the servicing guidelines. Change the filter every two years, on time. I thought I could get away with it.

Whats this??? The RAC guy was wrong??? Well I never....

Sorry but this is a ridiculous thread. Instead of trying to trade insults, go back and read your own post. What was the point of it? You answered your own question and proved what everyone probably already ***umed would be the cause.

It does serve as a good reminder of the importance of regularly changing your fuel filter.

Sorry but this is a ridiculous thread. Instead of trying to trade insults, go back and read your own post. What was the point of it? You answered your own question and proved what everyone probably already ***umed would be the cause.

It does serve as a good reminder of the importance of regularly changing your fuel filter.

I did reread my own post. You twisted it to patronise me. I said I thought it was the FF, but the RAC engineer confused matters which is why I asked here to make sure.