What's new

fuel pump for my accord 1983 model?

Kolodenko

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
Hi all new here can anyone advise me would be the best pump to fit my 1983 honda accord saloon 1.6dx?? think old ones shot?? all help appreciated, can't seem to find an original online only the aftermarket 'universal' ones on ebay? any ideas? does the pump matter as long as it fits??

Kolodenko said:
Hi all new here can anyone advise me would be the best pump to fit my 1983 honda accord saloon 1.6dx?? think old ones shot?? all help appreciated, can't seem to find an original online only the aftermarket 'universal' ones on ebay? any ideas? does the pump matter as long as it fits??
And furthermore is it in the tank and do i have to remove tank to access it on this old girl?

A repair / Honda manual will tell you. Have a look at Hondahookup and see if they have a manual for your model. Old repair manuals tend to be cheap in second hand book shops as well.

Some cars I have worked on throughout the years had access panels in the body and tank that allowed access to the inside of the tank.

Depending on where fuel tank is you can access it for example by having to take seats rear seats off, thats how it is on 7th gen Accords.

With fuel pump I would be very surprised if universal one worked properly or aswell or even howit will fit, as the fitting will be custom.
Have you tried rining Holdcroft honda to see if they can source an original one? Otherwise I would imagine there would be supplies in America, although it might cost fai rbit to import in.

Thanks all i found it was outside the tank under rear pax side rear cill... replaced it but wont start grr suspect relay now to find that, car will start when i pour small amou t of fuel via carb