What's new

Going to Honda Accord

TheJamMod

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
I've been offered a 58 plate (7th Gen) EX 2.2 for 13K from the dealer. Done 38K miles. 3 year warranty and includes road tax.

What do you think? What price should I be looking at?

What are your experiences with the warranty? I do like having the piece of mind, but Accords don't have too many probs either. My MG's gasket has gone twice in 7 months LOL

That sounds a good price is this an early i-DTEC and welcome

Not if its a 7th :rolleyes:

Not if its a 7th :rolleyes:
I thought the 8th gen came in on a 58 plate :p Unless this car is a very late 7th gen

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=39854&plate=88#amount=15000&years=3

:lol: Might be one of the last to be registered.

I've been offered a 58 plate (7th Gen) EX 2.2 for 13K from the dealer. Done 38K miles. 3 year warranty and includes road tax.

What do you think? What price should I be looking at?

What are your experiences with the warranty? I do like having the piece of mind, but Accords don't have too many probs either. My MG's gasket has gone twice in 7 months LOL

spoke to you on civinfo, youve found the right place!
for 13k your bound to be near 8th gen prices??
but if you not doing big miles, the petrol could be better.
drive a few accords, try the diesel and petrol,
youll love it

Thanks for the replies. I'm waiting to see the actual price on the forecourt next week because I reckon he's trying to rip me off, but then again I do live in Solihull! They have a 57 plate petrol auto for 12K and it's done 18500 miles but I don't think it's worth it.

If I go for a 2.2cdti, I'll stick to 7th gen because it's cheaper than a i-Dtec.
8th gen if I go to petrol 2.0 because it offers decent economy and I only do 8K miles a year.

I paid £9K for an 06 2.2 i-CTDi with 35K on the clock. TBH I think what the dealer's asking for is too much.

As people have said, you're in the same price bracket as the 8th Gen with that price, so you'd probably be better off looking for one of them IMO.

And I just paid 3k for an 05 2.2 7th Gen with 135 on the clock... which really looks and drives as good as new, the bonnet stone chips being the only difference (and the alloys look absolutely rubbish but I'll have something done about them).

Your road tax is only £170, and the 10k difference (but no warranty) will pay for a *lot* of repairs.

And I just paid 3k for an 05 2.2 7th Gen with 135 on the clock... which really looks and drives as good as new, the bonnet stone chips being the only difference (and the alloys look absolutely rubbish but I'll have something done about them).

Your road tax is only £170, and the 10k difference (but no warranty) will pay for a *lot* of repairs.

That's a good point. The Accord doesn't need a lot of repairs. I think I can find an Accord EX for around 7 to 8K.

2.0EX Petrol Manual might be a possibility. I'd be paying an extra 400 quid a year max of fuel, but we shall what comes up after the new reg.

....and headlights and EGR and IMRC...

oh wait :lol: