CJM

Dr. Diesel
Reaction score
Car
56 Accord Ex i-CTDI
Hi all,

Came across this site some time ago
Gtechniq

C1 Crystal Lacquer is for professional use only, but the C2 seems to do a pretty good second job and looks like it could be better than stuff like supaguard etc.

I'm toying with getting some and was wondering whether anyone else has come across this or used it in the past

Nether seen it before but lots of things are worth a try.You nether no it might be amazing.

First time I have heard about them TBH, why don't you do a review for us?

Ordered some today will review and post up (time frame dependant on weather ) also ordered some other products like the nanopolish and glass treatment, so will get them in also.

After some slight issues with HM Royal Mail my order has now arrived

BBC Weather currently says way-hey for the weekend, so fingers crossed I can give it a go and post the results up

Excellent, looking forward to the review Carl :ph34r:

Well managed to get the car done over the weekend, despite being collared by every man and his dog!!

Products used:

Gtechniq P1 nano polish
Gtechniq C2 Liquid crystal concentrate
Gtechniq G4 and G3 glass cleaner
Megs Scratch X
Valet Pro Billberry Wheel Cleaner
Diamond Brite Jewel ultra shampoo

Previously I have treated the car with Clay, megs stage 1 &2, BMW nanowax and Autoglym HD, so to be honest car wasn’t that bad to start with so no photo’s of before.

I gave the car a good wash (using the 2 bucket method with wash mitts ) and drying with drying towel (mf).

DSCF1735.jpg

To try out the nano polish I decided to use it on a trouble area on my front bumper, which basically is ready for a re-spray.
These pictures show the damage, I’m not sure what has caused it, but it has been really annoying and it was something that Scratch X didn’t seem to be disguising.

DSCF1734.jpg

DSCF1737.jpg

I used the P1 nano polish on a firm polishing pad (handheld not machine polisher) and it removed the emphasis of the defect greatly, you can still see it when looking carefully, but it is greatly reduced, I then finished it off with Scratch X, didn’t need to but was just seeing if I could reduce it any more.
This was the pic for after treatment, the defect is not as obvious. (I still need the bumper doing as there are some paint fractures from when the bumper was refitted after a new clutch, but it was one of those things you notice afterwards and the dealer would just deny it anyhow.

DSCF1739.jpg

All in all I found the P1 nano polish very good and would say it does as good as scratch x on removing blemishes etc. I got it as part of a kit which included the polishing pad 5 microfibre cloths, C2 liquid crystal and a MF Drying towel for £25.50 plus VAT. It is apparently very good for removing swirl marks, I am fortunate not to have to many swirls and will probably give it a total polish next year after taking it all back and re-claying etc, or trying it on the wife’s car!

C2 Liquid Crystal
I’m used to putting various products on and generally to get a good result means a bit of time needs to be spent and if using a wax on the top, it tends to leave some residue, or that little bit of white that you missed when buffing off and yet is so obvious each time you get in the car, until you wash it off on the next wash!!

As mentioned at the beginning of the thread, there are 2 coatings available C1 and C2, C1 is meant to be extremely durable whereas the guideline for C2 is around 8 months. However the C1 is really for professional use only as it can make a mess if you apply it incorrectly, hence why I went for the C2.

The C2 can be applied neat or as a quick detailer product, the bottle I got was quite small 100ml, however it does go along way. You can apparently mix 50ml into a litre of water to make the quick detailer.

I applied the C2 using a MF polishing cloth, I basically wiped the product on, using panel by panel basis and wiped off with a clean microfibre, there is no need to let the product cure, before buffing off. I would liken it to products like the BMW nanowax etc, where no residue is left, although I would imagine the products are very much different. It was very easy to apply and I had no problems. I normally do at least two coats and currently I have only done one which apparently is all that is needed, I just like to do two coats to ensure that everywhere is treated. The advice is then to give it a spray with the quick detailer after every 4 or so washes to keep it topped up.

My verdict on the finished look, well due to previous treatments etc. when washed the car has always had a good shine and the products I have used have always given good beading, so it would be hard to spot any minor improvements, however I would say that the gloss looks deeper and now some rain has come the beading is excellent.

Also you can use it on the glass etc, I haven’t as of yet as my glass is treated with some other rain repelling product. I also purposely didn’t treat the sunroof, in order to give me a little bit of a gauge between the C2 and Autoglym HD

Although the car does not really need it I will probably give it another coat of C2 next time it is washed, more to satisfy my OCD than anything.

Well these are the photo’s I took

DSCF1740.jpg

DSCF1736.jpg

DSCF1738.jpg

I also used the G4 glass cleaner on the windscreen which had a rain treatment on already, so in order to give the G3 a good test I wanted to clean off anything that might bias the results. For those looking at rain treatments the G3 is the easiest to apply by far, it is almost like polishing your windscreen. Again I have at the moment only put on one coat and I would normally put on at least two coats, but the repellence seems good from 35 mph upwards, don’t really need the wipers.

So my verdict on it all.

Easy of use, it is a great product to put on and gives that instant finish, I would imagine similar to a quick detailer, but with the longevity of durability (to be confirmed )
Finish, started off with a prepped car, I’m a great believer of getting a good base, so I cannot comment on what it would be like on a sponge washed car, however I would imagine with a sponge washed car, if you used the P1 all over and then the C2 you would have a excellent result, with very little hard labour.
Durability, well I’ll have to come back to that one, still looking as clean as it was at the weekend and we’ve had some rain etc, it is meant to help self washing of dirt etc so will up date.
Value for money, difficult one this, as all the bottles I have are 100ml and look small, so you do tend to think that it isn’t going to go far, but I have done the whole car and hardly made a dent in them, arguably if you make up the quick detailer also and it does what it says, then yes I would say it is value for money. :lol: ;)