What's new

Gulf Competition 0w-30 racing engine oil

humberside

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.2
Guys,

I have searched this on here and it doesnt bring up the reviews on Gulf Competition 0w-30 racing engine oil.

I am SURE there was a topic on this on the old forum!? can someone give me the link please!

Time for the 50k service soon... hard times... I remember this "value for money" oil was rated good as "expensive" ones, so want to give it a try.

:blush:

Steve just buy the 25 litre drum from Lubetech, it's good for 4 oil changes on this car.

Steve i agree with Fahad this oil is as good as any imo and half the price :)

only 32K miles after all ;).

had the accord for 4 years now... longest I had a car was 6 years with the first gen yaris! don't think I will keep the accord for another 3 and half years! no offence....... great car! just doubt I will keep it forever... I might prove myself wrong though :p

Ahh, that makes sense! never had a car more than 4 years meself! That oil from lubetech as mentioned above has to be a bargain Steve, I've started using it myself ;)

hard to find a better car overall than the diesel accord IMO :blush:

Anyone know what brand of oil Honda will use for a 50k service? is it some cheap and nasty stuff or average wholesale not available in high street store stuff? chances are I will get the Gulf oil but wanted to know what honda uses.

If they're using the correct oil [sic] I would imagine it to be a rebranded Castrol.

hard to find a better car overall than the diesel accord IMO :blush:

Anyone know what brand of oil Honda will use for a 50k service? is it some cheap and nasty stuff or average wholesale not available in high street store stuff? chances are I will get the Gulf oil but wanted to know what honda uses.

Thats it then get the 25ltrs and save it for when you get the 8th Gen lol

Equivalent would be 0-30 catrol edge to what honda use but think they don't mark it as Edge.

Castrol? Interesting..

Lol the 8th gen is growing on me...but I absolutely hate the silver (tacky) bar frame on each side of the gear stick!! It's an eye soar! Grrr

guys the 8th gen is different oil for the diesel due to the dpf.
If you look on lube tech site they now sell the correct oil for this engine.