What's new

Hand Brake cable 6th Gen

AndyB1976

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 F18B2 CG8
Hi guys...

I ordered another caliper re the other message, but can't work out how to remove the cable? Any ideas? thanks Andy.

IMG_8545.jpg

Cheers CJ...

I had the spring clip thing already out, I just could not budge the cable...After a load of penetrating oil, brake cleaner and wire brushing I was able to twist it free with some needle nose vice grips on the wider end outside the caliper - NOT on the black rubber outer, if anyone else has the problem.

This problem is now fixed re the Rear Disc HOT on the other thread. I will do a write up without pics at the moment, however I am gonna do the near side and will take them then and upload it.

I don't know the exact cause of the caliper seize, but in that picture above you can see the parking brake arm with the nut in the centre and spring on it. If you look at the nut, and up to the 1o'clock position you might see a 'lobe shape' shall I call it. That I understand should be nearer the 12o'clock position, pointing at the other end of that spring, seated on the cable abutment.

Here was the image of the new one you can sort of see how it should be. Part ordered from Holdcroft Honda on Thurs, delivery to Glasgow today at 10.30am, great price too (well I thought so :lol: . )
IMG_8544.jpg

Maybe overkill buying a new part eh, but thats the first ever problem 9yrs and 75k. Yeah so it is indeed 100% again :lol:

Thanks for your help again, with the info and also the HH code (and Fahad)

Andy

Oh my god, I can't thank you enough. I had been trying for a week, and I couldn't do it. Thank tou so so much I was starting to go crazy, it was stuck like if it was welded.