What's new

Happy Honda-kun

Dan Robinson

Grand High Plumber
Reaction score
Car
06 EX Tourer i-CTDI
Finally got round to servicing the car today. Even treated it to a new set of boots on the front.

I don't care what anyone says, fresh oill and some decent tread on the wheels make a whole new driving experience.

Will post a little vid up later of the fresh oil (people were worried about Exol weren't they?).

Had a little help from the dude, which was nice.

Had a couple of squeaky b*m moments when i had put the 3rd litre of oil in, and the dispenser was just pumping air. :unsure:

Then the second was when I fired the engine and put it in gear (all 4 corners were up on axel stands) and the VSA system went totally mental.

Take note people. You can't rev the engine with:

a- the handbrake on
b- the doors open.
c- a dash board lit up like a Christmas tree :lol: :lol:

anyway, got the car back on Terraferma and all the lights went off after a few hundred yards of cruising. phew B) .

Next service is @ 180,000 miles B)

IMG_20120909_120935.jpg

IMG_20120909_120952.jpg

IMG_20120909_121001.jpg

nice one bro :) bet she feels lovely again :) , mine is up for full service again, as i just hit another 7k :eek:

The difference between before and after is astonishing - the engine was sounding like a bag of bolts yesterday. Straight away we were back to the SN of is it a Diesel or isn't it? :lol:

Until I gave it some whelly and a load of soot shot out of the exhaust because the missus has no idea what a Turbo is for, let alone how to spool the bad boy up :D

the sense of relief when the all the lights vanished from the dash was immense - wonder how many DTC's are stored on it now though? :lol: