What's new

Has anyone ever used these Chinese nav units?

NathB

Reaction score
Car
Accord I-CTDI 2007
Do a search on here mate, general opinion on the Chinese units is avoid at all costs there awful. Plenty of info on here for alternatives if your wanting to change your head unit

No idea on the Chinese ones but I recently bought a new Garmin Drive ***ist 50LMT-D, comes with dashcam, forward collision warning, lane drift warning, voice control, lifetime map updates, traffic data, cash cam warnings and more, it's a really neat unit.

I had an old Honda Garmin Nuvi, with the dash kit fitted so I just used the old mount with the newer ball socket so it's neat and tidy, no wires knocking about etc.

Just to add, the camera on the Garmin unit does not pick up sound, but the onscreen footage shows speed, coordinates etc.. and can take snap shot images if needed.

Andyjdmteg said:
Do a search on here mate, general opinion on the Chinese units is avoid at all costs there awful. Plenty of info on here for alternatives if your wanting to change your head unit
This particular unit works with the original stereo and routes audio through it, so I don't think it'll affect the audio quality. It runs Android too so the software should be alright. I've ordered one for around £300, if it's any good I'll post a review, could be a good option for diesel owners who are looking for an aftermarket Nav system. Cheers

NathB said:
This particular unit works with the original stereo and routes audio through it, so I don't think it'll affect the audio quality. It runs Android too so the software should be alright. I've ordered one for around £300, if it's any good I'll post a review, could be a good option for diesel owners who are looking for an aftermarket Nav system. Cheers
Was this any good?

Remedi said:
Was this any good?
you could be waiting a long time, he only ever made the 2 posts in this thread, hasn't been online since 13th November, and doesn't have a "watch on this thread" :mellow:

freddofrog said:
you could be waiting a long time, he only ever made the 2 posts in this thread, hasn't been online since 13th November, and doesn't have a "watch on this thread" :mellow:
Yeah I knew it would be a long shot.. :mellow:

Damn Honda for making the A/C part of the headunit/Navi. :huh: :huh:

Why waste your money on these c*ap Chinese units, for one the climate knobs are always for left hand drive. You can easily install a double din in the lower part of the Accord 7th gen console or a reputable US company actually makes the right replacement fascia/climate unit that can be configured to left or right hand drive:
PAC RPK4-HD1101 / http://pac-audio.com/catalog/radio-replacement/rpk4-hd1101
(Pacific Accessory Corporation)

Metra also made one but a ppl had problems with the Metra one and when I contacted Metra about RHD config they could not guarantee it would work. The PAC one looks more like it could be the right solution for a proper double din after-market install. Although it does not specify any Petrol/Diesel compatibility one ***umes as most vehicles are Petrol in US it will work with Petrol.