What's new

HATCHBACK REAR SPOILER

jimg2109

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0sei
Hi just joined up here having purchased a 2002 2.0se executive......looking to stick a rear spoiler on....any ideas or pics out there to give me inspiration......was thinking about the mgzs hatch spoiler??

exec

Members
Reaction score
Car
'99 2.0 SE Exec
I see a blue Accord every now and then that is really nicely modified and it has a nice aftermarket spoiler that I have never seen before. Kinda looks like the one here: http://www.jdltuning.co.uk/honda/accord/honda_accord_99_00_bodykit.html

but it is elevated rather than lip like finish.

Few here aswell: http://www.madmotors.co.uk/bodykits-spoilers-14000/spoilers/honda-spoilers/honda-accord-spoilers.html

adrenalinas

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord iES CG9

exec

Members
Reaction score
Car
'99 2.0 SE Exec
^ It is indeed, I wouldn't mind one on mine, I want a small lip spoiler but it probably won't suit, the one in that link is a nice alternative to the large whale tale of the ATR.

mikem

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord
Hi just joined up here having purchased a 2002 2.0se executive......looking to stick a rear spoiler on....any ideas or pics out there to give me inspiration......was thinking about the mgzs hatch spoiler??
[http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/MARKEYMIKE/P1090652Medium_zpsb80873a0.jpg

jjmartin349571

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
'86 Gsi
Isn't that an original 6th gen Accord spoiler?? Looks like the one off the sport model or it may have been an optional extra, I've seen a few around locally.

Have you looked to other Honda's for inspiration? I have a Wings West spoiler from a Prelude waiting to go on my Accord :)

exec

Members
Reaction score
Car
'99 2.0 SE Exec
Yeh thats Honda OEM factory spoiler.

Any pics of your spoiler Josh?

I saw that Accord with a cool spoiler at the back again, looks so good, wish I knew where he got it from.

jjmartin349571

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
'86 Gsi
Any pics of your spoiler Josh?
Yeah, I used my little bro to mock it up a while back :lol: needs spraying and some holes drilled into the boot but I'll get it sorted when the weather is better.

I saw that Accord with a cool spoiler at the back again, looks so good, wish I knew where he got it from.
That low, long spoiler really reminds me of the mugen boot lid spoiler from a Prelude. Looks pretty sick at any rate :) a roof spoiler is what I really want, had my eye on that one for ages. Just not sure if I could mount it on a hatch.

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord CM2
Suave ;)

exec

Members
Reaction score
Car
'99 2.0 SE Exec
Looks good Josh, Type R style.

The Accord I see with the cool spoiler is the same colour as yours! It's a hatchback too, honestly the spoiler on it looks so awesome, I wish I had a picture of it, the car also has other bits of neat subtle body kit on it.

adrenalinas

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord iES CG9
now need a neew good looking rims and everything will be perfect... It looks quite funny with these and atr spoiler. R15?

hughezee

Members
Reaction score
Car
CG2 & RA6
5-6th Gen's look great with a spoiler and I've fitted a few in my time, just one thing to consider Hatch back will need uprated gas struts or just mind your Head :lol: my 2002 type v auto (150k) has worn struts so I still haven't fitted the spoiler yet :blush:

exec

Members
Reaction score
Car
'99 2.0 SE Exec
Theres a brand new genuine spoiler for sale on ebay £120

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-Tailgate-Spoiler-/251416430922?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a8996494a