What's new

Have I screwed the Sat Nav?

Grayedout

Members
Reaction score
Found a v2.11 Sat Nav DVD while doing a clearout. Is not an original but thought it might be worth a try and an improvement on the v2.3 I've currently got. Famous last words! Put it in and screen went black and eventually came up with a message saying do not turn off the engine and very slowly filled in one block on the screen but then said Check Your Disk.

Took disk out and restarted the engine but now no matter what I do, old disk in or no disk the screen just stays black. Tried pressing the three buttons to enter the secret menu but nothing.

Anythung else I can try??

Without checking anything in the manual, with this type of reset / memory problem with anything that has some sort of bios like instruction set (i.e. has a boot up procedure), disconnecting the battery for a while usually resets things to factory.

Usually.

Check this thread for reverting to the old version, ***uming you can from your predicament. looks to be 2 buttons rather than 3 here...

Good luck, hope it works. From my own experience these v2.xx drives are far more sensitive and more prone to failure due to copied discs than the v3.xx drives found in the facelifts.