What's new

Headlamp bulb change

richsprint

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 petrol Tourer
Headlamp bulb change - thats not something you want to do every day is it….what a swine of a job….what were Honda thinking??

Santa brought me some Phillips Extreme vision bulbs to help with the dull dipped beam on the 8th gen, little did I know what a pain to fit they are…

There is no way to access from the engine bay as the headlamp bulb is actually in the front wing. So following the manual, unclip the arch liner, wheel on full lock, and then fumble around to try and find it…

Managed to do it, took 3 hours. The originals were Phillips anyway, so I'm not convinced these will be any better, but we'll see.

Best headlamp bulb change I've seen was a Mondeo, lift 2 lock bars, unplug the connectors and the whole headlamp slides out, full access no problems.

I love my Accord, but Honda please!!

Pleased to report the new bulbs are brighter, Not sure they are 100% as claimed, but probably 50%, clearer and more definition.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-0730221-12258-XVS2-X-Treme-Headlight/dp/B00440CWBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388926270&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+extreme+vision+h1

Rich when I did mine I took the bumper off and lights out.
All this took me 1hour and very easy indeed.

Any chance of some piccies?

Didn't take any pics of the process as I was struggling too much. But its basically as described in the handbook with diagrams.

In terms of appearance, they don't look any whiter or bluer, just the same, but brighter.