What's new

Headlight Bulbs

nodrogs

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2
Had a headlight bulb blow (along with a tail light - must be getting to that age!). Am wondering what you guys are using? Stick with Honda bulbs?

In the past have found the "extra" bright bulbs to be a waste, lasted no length of time. Lings are quoting £6ish for a H1, I guess my local dealer will be cheaper but Osrams etc seem to be around the same price.

Tried those 'extra bright' bulbs before too on a different car, no noticeable difference at all I found. I usually just head to the local motor factors when I need bulbs and have never had any problems with the bulbs that they supply.

Have you considered a set of HID's. Most members have them on here and for me it was one of the best mods I did. The kit can be bought from ebay for around £40 but you can get cheaper ones if you search for them.

But if not some good quality bulbs will do as well.

I have used H4 Phillips X-treme in my previous CTR and H1 bulbs of the same type in my present Accord CTDI. I found they were an improvement on the standard bulbs. The only problem I found was that they tended to blow after about 9mths to a year. Bright light, short life. I have just fitted Osram Night Breaker Plus, in the dipped headlights and initially find a small improvement on standard bulbs.

I have used Osram Nightbreakers and found them to be good but good old Halfords extreme brilliance +90's were much better to be completely honest.
I know Halfords gets a kicking on the forums but there bulbs are pretty good and they are usually buy one get one free.

Use Phillips Blue vision>pleased with Light ouput BUT short life. First one went after 12 months. Obtained from atobulbs direct in Southampton. Good to deal with

Thanks for replys guys. Have decided to try the Osram Ultra Life. Only £12 for a pair, the 3 year guarantee was hard to ignore!