What's new

Headlight washer question !?

Cpt.Vil

Reaction score
Car
Honda Civic EK
Hi all
I’ve just bought a CL9 Type S ... and I’m super happy epic Car !!
To the point I want to make the headlight washers with some kind of a button to stop them spraying all over the front end
Like button on it will wash with the window
Button off it doesn’t wash ...
Have anyone done that or anything or I have to make it my own way and figure it some how ... :)))
Thank you :))

Hi
You could make a switch by tapping into the wiring that runs to the headlight washer pump.I found these washers to be a waste of time unless accompanied by headlamp wipers but they are not fitted on the accord.
I simply unplugged the pump wiring to disable mine because they are a serious drain on the fairly small water tank when all i want is my windscreen cleaned.I know this wont suit some but i now dont have to refil every day lol

I never knew Honda tried it with the tourers

Why not clean the headlight with whatever comes to mind when you start her in the morning ?

I keep a copy of whatever material comes out of the supermarket/travel, so it could be a tissue, or the last Metro rag once I'm out of London.

Newspaper is probably the best since it also clears a lot of the glaze on the plastic, no wonder the window cleaners swear by it.

Last edited:
Too be totally honest it took me a year of ownership to realise i had these washers lol my daughter spotted the jets lift and spray one morning when i was clearing windscreen for the school run.I then realised why my wash tank empied so quick.
I wash the tourer often but like you if i do notice they are a little dirty i just wipe them with a tissue.