What's new

Heated seat switch bulb

AARON

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord ADAS
Doe's anyone remember which bulb is the correct one from Maplins. Couldn't find any info about it on this site.

Just go to the main dealer mate. I ordered a bukb from eBay and it didn't fit. There are two different rating of bulbs as well. My dealer had them in stock and they were about £2.50. Much easier as well as they come in the holder so straight swap.

Funny thing you say that. Mine has gone as well:) Two bulbs in the switch isnt? On low settings it works but it doesnt on high. Main dealer mate, thats where you want to go:)
dan

theres three bulbs mate, one for hi, one for low and one for the back lit.

Spot on Jav. The lower rating is the back light. The higher rating are the low and high on bulbs.

Thanks for the responses. I hate going to the dealers. Thought I could get a replacement bulb and fit it myself. Was going to put either a red or blue bulb in.

The bulbs from main dealer are standard little bulbs with a little cap on them. You could always leave the cap off and paint them with a permanent marker. Just a thought.

there was a diy on the old site if you get the time take some photos and post it in diy section it would be good for the club.also it will probably earn a rep point and help other members lol

also guys make sure you get the correct bulb for your car... give dealers VIN/REG number as the pre facelift backlit is orange and the facelift is white..

also guys make sure you get the correct bulb for your car... give dealers VIN/REG number as the pre facelift backlit is orange and the facelift is white..

the bulbs in my pre-facelift are just standard white bulbs (i bought replacements from RS) so I guess the colour of the lighting is determined by the switch it self not the bulb

the bulbs in my pre-facelift are just standard white bulbs (i bought replacements from RS) so I guess the colour of the lighting is determined by the switch it self not the bulb
ooops... now that i think about it they did have some sort of caps on them which can be removed easily and transferred to the new bulbs :lol:

Mikko did you do all the bulbs even those in the CD/Sat Nav unit too? how much did that cost you mate?

Mikko did you do all the bulbs even those in the CD/Sat Nav unit too? how much did that cost you mate?
Hi Jav, no just the seat heater switches...I think I had to replace 4 bulbs all up (2 switches) what i didn't realise at the time was the switch back lighting bulbs were different rating than the Hi / Low bulbs so as it turns out my the back lighting on the switches is little bit brighter than it used to be...looks alright though.
if i remember right, i had to buy 10bulbs (minimum order) and they cost about 4quid. (RS part no 360-7913. T1 12v 60mA)linky now these are the bulbs with wires coming out of them so I had to use the original bulb bases from the car.

just an addition...just found 7 bulbs kicking around in the glovebox. if anyone wants them let me know, and I'll pop them in the post.

I wrote the old DIY on the previous site. I still have the photos on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scubatricky/

Page 9/10/11 are the ones to look for. People are welcome to use the photographs, I'll dig out the Google cached article if it's available and rebuild it.

I wrote the old DIY on the previous site. I still have the photos on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scubatricky/

Page 9/10/11 are the ones to look for. People are welcome to use the photographs, I'll dig out the Google cached article if it's available and rebuild it.

I wonder how did you open up the whole panel?
Was it just flat screwdriver wrapped in a piece of cloth?

Can someone please verify that on the 2003 Accord the heated seat switches are both backlit. If so, the I need two new bulbs.