What's new

Heated seats

randalf

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CDTI EX
Hi.

I'm starting to get settled with my ex but the bad weather over the last week or so has made me wonder about the heated seats.

They don't seem to be that heated.

My last two cars with heated seats were warmer on the lowest setting that the accord is on its highest.

I'd describe it as mildly warm around the front of the seat rather than a toasty glow over the whole seat.

Are accord heated seats not actually that warm or has a fuse gone or other such problem?

Cheers

Alan

When I turn mine to the high position it gets very toasty.

Hi.

I'm starting to get settled with my ex but the bad weather over the last week or so has made me wonder about the heated seats.

They don't seem to be that heated.

My last two cars with heated seats were warmer on the lowest setting that the accord is on its highest.

I'd describe it as mildly warm around the front of the seat rather than a toasty glow over the whole seat.

Are accord heated seats not actually that warm or has a fuse gone or other such problem?

Cheers

Alan

Does the switch indicate that its working?

Mine on Hi takes a little time but does get quite warm. Do you not feel any heat?

Mine are reasonable but take about 5 mins or so to get warm. If you want it warm, always start with the Hi setting, then switch to Low once warm.

From what I understand, the drivers seat should heat lower (bum area) and back. Passenger seat is only Lower (bum area)

Mine are reasonable but take about 5 mins or so to get warm. If you want it warm, always start with the Hi setting, then switch to Low once warm.

From what I understand, the drivers seat should heat lower (bum area) and back. Passenger seat is only Lower (bum area)

On high, you know that it's on.

The switch illuminates and it appears to work.

It was just the level of heat seems lower than on other cars.

I suppose it could be a loose connection, broken wire, etc.

Maybe if the fuse goes it only works at low levels rather than at top whack.

On high, you know that it's on.

The switch illuminates and it appears to work.

It was just the level of heat seems lower than on other cars.

I suppose it could be a loose connection, broken wire, etc.

Maybe if the fuse goes it only works at low levels rather than at top whack.

I find if you leave it on High too long it could do serious scolding !!

In the VW there are I think five settings, but in the Honda only the two, but you should be able to notice the high setting. maybe give Holdcroft a ring and just run it by them.

Just asked the Mrs and she says she preferred the VW, as the high is too high and the low is to low

As Nick has said takes a little moment to warm up.

The thermistor (I think that's what it calls) automatically switches the seat off after a while on the HI position to prevent damage.

However on LO it will maintain heat for as long as you need it. As someone has already suggested, put it on HI, when it's warm enough - switch it to LO.

Thermistors change electrical resistance with temperature - NTC decrease resistance on temp rise, PTC increase.

NTC are most common.

I would think that there would be a simple on/off thermostat in the seat rather than a thermistor as that would require a circuit board with full logic programming - a little OTT for a warm backside IMHO. Will check the book though...

Only mentioned thermistors as that's what the heated VW seats have in them.

That would make sense if there were multiple settings - I would think in our Accords there are two elements - one for low settings, and a second higher output one that has a cut out thermostat more for safety than anything else. The switchin the console proably one selects one, both or non of the elements and the thermostat switches off the heater at the appropriate level.

Like I said, a thermistor for this purpose would be complete over-kill.

Lings don't have anything as a separate parts though which is interesting. Looks like if there is a problem you would have to buy the heater as a complete set.

the lumber heater only has one socket, whilst the bum heater has two...

Both fronts seats are equipped with seat heaters. Because of the sensors for the airbag system, there is no heater in the passenger's seat-back. The ignition switch, HI, to rapidly heat up the seat. After the seat reaches a comfortable temperature, select LO by pushing the back of the switch. This will keep the seat warm.

The HI or LO indicator lights and remains lit until you turn it off by pushing the opposite side of the switch lightly. the indicator will turn off.

In HI, the heater turns off when the seat gets warm, and turns back on after the seat's temperature drops. It continues to cycle as long as you leave it set on HI. The HI indicator remains lit as a reminder that you have the heater on.

In LO, the heater runs continuously. It does not cycle the temperature changes.