What's new

Heater resistor location?

Davemission

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th gen 1.8 Sport
Hi all- my 6th gen (2001,RHD) has developed a fault with the heater blower. It now only works on the highest setting - I've bought a replacement resistor off ebay, but can't see where it goes. There are YouTube tutorials, but they seem to be for US models...has anyone changed one? Grateful for any info and advice

Hi Dave, it’s in the passenger footwell under the glovebox.
You don’t have to take the plastic cover off to get to it, just open the passenger door and get your head down to where the passengers feet will be and look up. It’s held in with two screws if I remember correctly.

Does it have a heater resistor? Always thought the heat was from the engine refrigeration liquid.

Yeah it does unfortunately. I say unfortunately because mines knackered as well. The heater only works on 3&4. 1&2 packed up a while ago and I’ve just got used to having the two options left.

Cheers Nathylad- I'll give it a go tomorrow...I was worried it might be in the guts of the dashboard somewhere. To be fair, the US YouTube tutorials showed it to be in the footwell. It literally took the guy 30 seconds to change it! I had a look up there yesterday, and couldn't see it...maybe it was staring me in the face the whole time lol. Anyway, thanks for the speedy responses fellas

Dave, Do you have a part no. for this...as mine is caput as well & I think it,s an mot fail.

A/C Heater Blower Motor Resistor 79330-S84-A41 NEW For 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Odyssey Accord 3A1332 2400-316249 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071JTLHML/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kBrkCb2EKQ783
Hope this helps bud- I got it from Amazon and not EBAY like I previously posted above...easy mistake to make bearing in mind all the online **** I've bought recently lol.
Anyway, until I get the old one off, I'm not 100% certain the one I've bought is the correct part...

A/C Heater Blower Motor Resistor 79330-S84-A41 NEW For 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Odyssey Accord 3A1332 2400-316249 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071JTLHML/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kBrkCb2EKQ783
Hope this helps bud- I got it from Amazon and not EBAY like I previously posted above...easy mistake to make bearing in mind all the online **** I've bought recently lol.
Anyway, until I get the old one off, I'm not 100% certain the one I've bought is the correct part...

blower is under glovebox easy enough to remove, one clip and one screw, iirc blower motor is 3 screws

Completely different CJ- I've dropped a right clanger lol. I would definitely check your old one before buying a new one (turns out there are loads of different types). Weird thing is, I can only seem to find the type I need from USA sellers on Ebay..even though my Accord is a Swindon model. Pricey too- especially when you factor in the postage costs. I'm going to do more searching, however. Maybe a Civic one might be a match...
Joys of motoring, eh?

Wondered about that...I buy my parts from Lings most times & they show a different style resistor for a 2001...40 quid.