What's new

Hello from Scotland (by way of Australia)

pococse

Reaction score
Car
2003 2.4 Estate
Hi All,

Thought I should create an account as I have found quite a few posts on here super handy in the past.
I come from the land down under where they never sold the 7th/8th gen Accord estates so when my Honda Legend finally kicked the bucket I had to find one.

So I currently own a rusty 2003 2.4 auto estate. Its lived a hard life before me (Its seen its fair share of salty Scottish roads) and I am slowly fixing it up while its used by my partner as a daily. I am constantly amazed at how well engineered this era of accord are and how much fun the 2.4 is when you put your foot in it. And its way more fuel efficient than the 3.5 in my previous Honda Legend.
Eventfully I would love to find a mint 2.4 manual estate and export it back to Oz.

Thanks for all the great advice on here.

Pococse

Eventfully I would love to find a mint 2.4 manual estate and export it back to Oz.
Hi they are out there but not easy to find...im always looking lol

Welcome. I have a CN2 here in Sydney, brought over by some English dude under the very narrow import opportunity you will also have when you return. There are a few Japanese import CM2's in AU, but not sure if the manual was an option. The real prize is would be a CM3.

When you return, bring some spares! rear doors, rear windows..

Welcome to TypeAccord

Welcome. I have a CN2 here in Sydney, brought over by some English dude under the very narrow import opportunity you will also have when you return. There are a few Japanese import CM2's in AU, but not sure if the manual was an option. The real prize is would be a CM3.

When you return, bring some spares! rear doors, rear windows..
I think I might have heard about your CN2 in Sydney. My partners dad is involved with the Honda Car Club of Victoria and mentioned that there was one kicking around Syd.

Ah yeah, occasionally I get tailgated by people in other Hondas, having a good look, or just being puzzled. The Honda club in NSW is dead, and apart from a few facebook groups there's not much of a community. I might join the Victoria club now you've made me aware of it.