What's new

Help with sale price

davbar1986

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2 sport gt
Hi all,

After nearly 6 years of ownership I'm in a position where i need to sell my Accord.
I havent sold a car in 10yrs and I'm struggling to figure out what would be a reasonable price. Autotrader & private sds seem to differ.

The spec is...

Accord saloon 57 plate, CTDI Sport. Black.
Complete service history (serviced yearly at a garage and all receipts available).
Approx 9 months MOT.
All the normal electronics + satnav with 2007 disc, auto dimming mirror, dual climate etc
Half leather interior all in good condition.
Carbon interior trim.
New discs and pads all round.
Genuine 10 spoke Honda alloys (the rarer option as I recall)

The car has never failed me with the exception of one sensor that was replaced in 2018.

All tyres are branded, goodyear eagle F1's (front), Kuhmu's (rear).

Overall the car is clean and tidy. No accidents and im the second owner (used to be an RBS executive's car).
The car has been utterly relible and averages 48-55 mpg.

Cosmetically the rear bumper has some damage (broken rear reflector at the bottom of the bumper + scratches from when i reversed into a wooden post *cough*). The drivers door also has some scratches and stonechips. The front bumper has stonechips (who thought white primer was good on a black car!!!).
The alloys could also benefit from a refurb.

Any idea what a rough guide price should be?

Thanks in advance

Take a look on autotrader and compare prices with other private sellers that have similar miles on them... or take the dealer price and adjust for the 20-30% extra they tack on top... I've seen dealers trying to charge £4k for a 57 EX tourer when you can get a 09/59 plate 8th gen EX spec for the same money.

I'd guesstimate it's worth around the £2000 range in very good condition... I just sold a 2005 (54 plate) EX tourer for £700 with 175k on the clock and a few little niggles... others were going for £1500 with a little less mileage and no reported issues (I was brutally honest).

You could also check parkers and see if they still give free valuations on their website (haven't used them in years). Most dealers simply throw your reg into webuyanycar and offer you whatever that spits out... which as everyone knows is about 40-50% of actual value.

Cheers for that. I think given the fact it'll need the bumper repairing and wheels refurbed ill go around the £1500 mark and see what im offered.

If you are in or near London the prices have dropped significantly for the I-CTDIs since the end of last year, Saloons do command a higher price than the tourers though but expect to be disappointed, partly owing to the influx of these appearing at various car pounds as of late. There are four of them in our local multi-car dealership, in varying conditions, starting at £549.