What's new

HFT/ Voice Commands + Diagnostics

2v50

Reaction score
Car
Mk7 Tourer 2.2 I-CDT
Hi all,
Yet another late night thread - trying to get the voice commands to work on my 2008 EX Tourer.
I wasn't too fussed about this till I made up a disk with the updated 3.C0 maps - which the car decided it could not actually read the maps from. It successfully updated the software, then refused to read the maps, clicking away to itself - not sure if its worthwhile sticking a cleaner disk in, certainly don't have the lens cleaning fluid kicking about anymore. Get the impression it just doesn't like the Philips DL DVD I used!
So, I downgraded back to the 3.06 that was in the car when I got it.
Now, the unit is determined to complete a diagnostic check - every time I turn the ignition , the unit starts, and tries to self test... and promptly fails because it detects no microphone input.

Having looked it up , I dismantled the microphone and soldered a new mic on - tested good so no faults there.
But, still nothing.

Are there any other failure points that are known for the mic? Or am I resigned to this until I pull the head unit out and replace the line to the mic? (if that even sorts it!)
I ***ume the HFT Bluetooth unit has been removed - not that I've checked actually. ***uming this can't be the issue as voice commands should work without the Bluetooth unit.
Any idea how to prevent it from booting straight into diag? Pressing the 3 buttons then return isn't the biggest pain, but I'm clearly easily frustrated!
Thanks !

Found a post on civinfo to stop the boot to diag - go onto daig menu , then hold down the map button for 5-10s , hit complete then return. Less annoying now - still would be cool to have the mic actually register though!