What's new

Honda accord coupe 1999 immobiliser

erebusl

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord coupe
I have a 1999 honda accorde coupe 2.0i.
The immobiliser light on the top left of the instrument display doesnt come on, so not allowing the car to start.
I have sent the car to honda dealership in warrington and they couldnt find anything wrong.
I have also sent it to a car electrical 'expert' who couldnt find anything wrong.
The car started and ran ok after 3 days.
This time it has stopped for 7 days, then started ok for a week, and stopped again.
I have read on a few forums this may be a relay switch problem, which is supposed to be easy to fix.
Can anyone tell me where i can find the relay switch?
Is there a fuel relay reset button on the car as noone seems to beable to find it.
Can i get the immobiliser removed and will this stop the problem?
The car turns over ok, but without the immobiliser kicking in the fuel pump is turned off, hence the not starting.
I have contacted honda uk who called me back and they were no help at all.
Id have thought im not the only person having this problem, and although my car may not be new, i would expect some kind of help from honda.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Mark

I have a 1999 honda accorde coupe 2.0i.
The immobiliser light on the top left of the instrument display doesnt come on, so not allowing the car to start.
I have sent the car to honda dealership in warrington and they couldnt find anything wrong.
I have also sent it to a car electrical 'expert' who couldnt find anything wrong.
The car started and ran ok after 3 days.
This time it has stopped for 7 days, then started ok for a week, and stopped again.
I have read on a few forums this may be a relay switch problem, which is supposed to be easy to fix.
Can anyone tell me where i can find the relay switch?
Is there a fuel relay reset button on the car as noone seems to beable to find it.
Can i get the immobiliser removed and will this stop the problem?
The car turns over ok, but without the immobiliser kicking in the fuel pump is turned off, hence the not starting.
I have contacted honda uk who called me back and they were no help at all.
Id have thought im not the only person having this problem, and although my car may not be new, i would expect some kind of help from honda.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Mark

hi erebusl

I had a similar problem and discovered that my battery was just below parr not providing enough juice to the immobiliser fob (even though headlamps showed brilliantly bright). Buying a new battery solved it for me, maybe get your battery checked out to see if it is within spec might solve it for you too ? I hope that helps - good luck !