What's new

Honda Accord CTDi Oil change video, T.A Exclusive

Nice one.

Think you should follow this with a part 2 video dealing with the oil filter and its o-rings etc. If you're used to a spin-on filter what's under the black cap you've pointed out might come as a surprise!

Don't want to sound picky, but if you're offering advice to the uninitiated shouldn't you be teaching best practice? If you've got your axle stands out why not use it to take the car's weight under something substantial rather than just as an insurance policy in case the jack fails? As it contacts at a different point to the jack, the car may pivot unexpectedly or the panel you've got it under may not take the car's weight right when you most need it to.

Nice one.

Think you should follow this with a part 2 video dealing with the oil filter and its o-rings etc. If you're used to a spin-on filter what's under the black cap you've pointed out might come as a surprise!

Don't want to sound picky, but if you're offering advice to the uninitiated shouldn't you be teaching best practice? If you've got your axle stands out why not use it to take the car's weight under something substantial rather than just as an insurance policy in case the jack fails? As it contacts at a different point to the jack, the car may pivot unexpectedly or the panel you've got it under may not take the car's weight right when you most need it to.

Points noted fella, the axle stand is certainly not a stable as the jack itself and it was positioned on structural part of the car (not mentioned) and should the jack fail :eek: the car would not slide of the axle stand it will pivot like you say, but protecting me and not the car? I totally understand the point good working practice ;) however 99% of the people I help with DIY only have a jack to begin with and the spare wheel or bricks are the only safety measure :lol: I just used what was easier at the time :p

Jacks? Axle stands? Real men just slide underneath and get on with it.

Just slide underneath? You've obviously not eaten as much cake as me :blush:

I always produce risk and COSHH ***essments and pin them up along the perimeter of my temporary cordon, along with my engineering competancy certificates.

Excellent video there Stu and thanks for taking the effort to do this.rep point well deserved mate.