Honda Accord DVD Feed through main screen

shab_the_man

Iron Man
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
Accord 05 Exec cdti
Hello

I am currently in talks with Xcarlink on a potential discount for our members on the video interface unit which will suit our members who currently have the factory Sat Nav unit. If you review this http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=149&cat=3&page=1 you will see the features.

In a nutshell the product is currently priced at £122 but I am negotiating a discount for our members. The product will allow you to connect an external video/Game source and even reverse camera to be fed into the Factory Sat Nav screen.

I am just wondering how many members would be interested in this. I for one are really looking forward to this type of mod and being a pre facelift Accord I cannot attach a reverse camera but with this product its an easy thing.

Xcarlink has a reputation for reliability so not worried about build quality and they offer a warranty. There products are of high standard and not your usual cheap Chinese products.

so gang who would be interested?

Below is the extract from there site:

"[SIZE=10pt]Connect any video source to your Honda navigation screen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Our multimedia interface is a revolutionary product that allows you to integrate an external video source to your cars factory fitted navigation screen. Once installed, it gives you the ability to connect an in car DVD player, games console, iPod Video, Digital TV Tuner or Rear View Camera to keep your passengers entertained. The multimedia interface has one video input, rear view camera input and RGB connection to add Satellite Navigation if you do not have the factory fitted option.

The interface does not replace your original system - it offers perfect integration to maintain your OEM appearance.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Features[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Watch any video source on your original factory fitted screen.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]One video inputs[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Rear view camera input - automatic switching when in reverse gear[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]RGB input for aftermarket navigation[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Video in Motion - for connected video sources[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Switch between Honda display and AV input using the toggle switch[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The kit includes the following:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Honda Multimedia Video Interface[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Plug and Play harness[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Wiring loom[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]AV cables and toggle switch[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Installation manual[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Installation[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Installation involves removing the original connector on the back of the navigation DVD player in the lower dash and connecting it to the interface Tthen connect the supplied cable from the video interface back into the back of the navigation DVD player. Connect the wiring loom to 12v, 12v ACC and Grounds. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Press the toggle switch to change from the Honda display to RGB > AV1 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Connect a 12v reverse supply if fitting a rear view camera. The interface will then switch to the rear view camera automatically when in reverse gear.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Audio[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]This interface is designed for video only.

Audio is provided by connecting the video source to the AUX input (if available) or an FM transmitter. [/SIZE]
A[SIZE=10pt]lternatively, the interface can be used in conjunction with our Honda iPod or USB interface as both provide an auxiliary input for sound. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Compatibility: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Compatible with the Honda Accord or Odyssey with Sat Navigation from 2002-2008. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Specification:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]BATT/ACC range : 7V~25V[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Power : 0.3A @12V[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Video input : 0.7V~1V[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Video input formats: NTSC[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]CAMERA wire : 0V ~30V, Trigger condition @>3V 3v >[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Money Back Guarantee:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]We have extensively tested this product and confident that it will work with all factory fitted systems in the car models listed below. You do not need have a factory installed TV Tuner or have anything enabled by an Honda dealer. Nor do you have to have to have any optional extras installed when the car was ordered. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied or have any issues with compatibility you can return it to us for a refund.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]They system is interned for passenger use only. We cannot accept any liability of any material or personal damages caused by the installation or use of this product. Therefore, installation of this product will be performed at the user full responsibility."[/SIZE]

If it works in the FRV I would be interested

Not sure but I will ask the question for you, would be a nice mod for sure.

Anyone else interested in this?

if I don't have the 6in 1 DVD touch screening the dash, I could be very interested too..

I'd be interested in this too.

Can the optional DVD player be installed under the DVD navigation player if a double din 2ND DIN OPTION ATTACHMENT KIT was purchased?

Has anyone fitted one of these? Really like the idea of fitting a rear view camera but from reading various threads on here it's not an easy job on pre facelift cars.

Yes I'm very interested. I have had to send my dvd rom drive for repair as it has the usual fault of "error reading disc"
When I get it back I would want to fit this unit in as well.
Is it a straight forward job or are there any pitfalls?

I'd be interested in one for the rear view camera as I have a pre-facelift :).

Interested too, would prefer it to be installed out of sight.

Did this ever happen?
I bought their kit and returning it on Monday. Issues after issues.
Firstly, the power cable which was sent with the module has wiring missing / installed wrong.
My messages were ignored till I opened paypal case and then I was asked to return the unit.
I brought into their attention that wiring is wrong on the socket as opposed to what is printed on the box. I was told to correct it or take it to auto electrician.
We could not alter the wiring and ultimately company sent us new connector.
Once the box fired up, screen is bluish (indicating that RGB wire is wired wrong). I have just given up and its going back soon.