What's new

Honda Accord Euro R Mirrors

shab_the_man

Iron Man
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
Accord 05 Exec cdti
Well guys its been a little while since I modified the old Accord. With Oz selling up his Accord I asked if he still had his power fold mirrros which in my amazement he said he did. We had a short conversation and I purchased them for a nominal fee. They were soon packed up and sent down to me.

Once arrived I couldn't wait to get them installed. Hold on is this box full of shredded paper?

20121117133303.jpg

No to my relief there were some mirrors in there lol

20121117133445.jpg

20121117133459.jpg

As you can see they were same colour as my car and because they were Euro Mirrors they have a blue glass rather than the usual plain. Very JDM.
So Oz sent me some instructions to install them so I printed them out and begun work on installing the timer circuit he supplied.

Hardest bit was installing a signal wire through the door and through the car to the passenger side. Oz mentioned this was a pain and took him ages to do too. I wanted to keep a clean look so decided to run the wires through the loom, there is actually a spare plug hole which you have to drill out slightly to get the wire through but in the end managed to get it done. Oz you were right it was very hard, just feeding the wire into the car was a pain, no spsce to grab the wire and there is a load of foam in the way. Got there in the end.

Couple of shots with the car in bits lol

20121118111737.jpg

20121118111750.jpg

20121118111755.jpg

The way in which the timer circuit works is that when you lock the car they fold in. Once you get back in the car then simply turn the ignition on and they fold back out. There is an override button which I have installed under the door card. This can be used to stop mirrors folding at all in case of really cold weather etc.

All this was as Oz sent me it, he had already created the circuit etc and I just had to tap into the relevant wires to get it going. Only problem I had initially was I couldn't get a good earth so in the end decided to tap into the main loom earth from within the door. Problem solved lol. Rest was just plug and play for me as Oz had done the hard work of removing the fold wires from the loom.
Please note that my car is a pre facelift and just plugging the mirrors directly into the loom will not work as the prefacelift did not come with this option. A little modification is required otherwise you will blow a fuse. So do take that into account if you decide to do this upgrade.

Little video below to show them working

Oz bro thanks for the mirrors they work a treat. Looks cool when you lock the car.

Comments welcome guys.

Suave B)

Great stuff Shabz they look great mate :)

Great mod. ;)

Thanks for the comments guys. They do look very pimp to say the least.

Boss! Firstly nice to see your Accord getting some moddage. And Oz's power folding mirrors is a great one. Glad you got it running and working.

USA, think its hilarious that we can actually use this power option, as our streets and park bays are tight compare to their wideness. I often fold mine depending where im parked.

I agree Shabz. Don`t know if you remember but Geordie Dave sorted out mine and Oz`s mirrors for us. Although I was lucky I already had folding mirrors on my facelift. A very clever man

Oh ok. Yes I remember something. The circuit is a clever bit of kit I have to say.

Hi m8 really impressed by these mirrors
Do you know anywhere i can get these from i searched ebay they are up for £164 for one do you think its the right price as you hv bought them...

Ebay was giving them at market rate. If you visit a breakers in general you will get them for a similar sort of price. I even got quoted for £200 each mirror.
They are quite rare to pop up like they did for me so I thought I would go for it. Mine are actually genuine Euro R mirros with Blue glass so they are even more rare. Any mirrors you get from the UK will have the normal glass which is fine but the difference the blue tinted glass is amazing.

Secondly mine came with the circuit already built for them to fold in and out. Remember if you decide to fit them to a car without the wiring it will require custom wiring.

Overall this is one of the best mods ive done to my Accord. Love seeing them fold in when I lock the car which even the facelift factory fit does not do.

Ebay was giving them at market rate. If you visit a breakers in general you will get them for a similar sort of price. I even got quoted for £200 each mirror.
They are quite rare to pop up like they did for me so I thought I would go for it. Mine are actually genuine Euro R mirros with Blue glass so they are even more rare. Any mirrors you get from the UK will have the normal glass which is fine but the difference the blue tinted glass is amazing.

Secondly mine came with the circuit already built for them to fold in and out. Remember if you decide to fit them to a car without the wiring it will require custom wiring.

Overall this is one of the best mods ive done to my Accord. Love seeing them fold in when I lock the car which even the facelift factory fit does not do.
Thanks very much m8 yeah they really look cool anyways i will think about it might upgrade my model not just for the sake of auto mirrors lol......