What's new

Honda Stream

jayok

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
CRV / S2000
Ok, so it's an Accord forum, but we've a Honda Stream 2.0 litre SE automatic, that uses pretty much the same engine and gearbox as a 2.0 litre gen 7 Accord. As Streams are pretty rare compared to Accords, I am looking for Accord experiences please!

Recently there's been a noise intermittently coming from the drive belt area of the engine bay. It's not consistent with either the A/C on/off, Steering wheel lock or anything, but it's like a high-pitched sqealing noise that matches the engine speed.

When it started again recently, I pulled in a popped the bonnet the noise and it looks like the noise is coming from the steering pump, but I cannot be sure. If I check the tensioner limit, it appears to bounce(!) within the range. At the steering fluid pump there seems to be seepage of oil/fluid around the centre core. To it looks like a steering pump, but these things ain't cheap. Does anyone know if these are common fault areas with the Accord?

Now the belt hasn't been done and it's a 2003 with 75K miles on the clock, so it's about due change, it's the seepage around the Power Steering Pump that's concerning me. The levels of fluid are fine within the resevoir, so I don't know.

Additionally are steering pumps common across the K20 engines? It's easier to source a 2nd hand Accord pump than a Stream.

Don't really want to go to dealer as they'll just replace the pump with a new one, hoping to fix the issue at serious ££££.

Thanks!!

Hi Jason,

I can't help you with the power steering pump interchangability, but the screetch does sound like a slipping belt. As it's not been changed I'd start there. Power steering may just need a change of fluid - it could be getting old and thin and seeping past the seals (or onto the drive belt).

Hi Jason,

I can't help you with the power steering pump interchangability, but the screetch does sound like a slipping belt. As it's not been changed I'd start there. Power steering may just need a change of fluid - it could be getting old and thin and seeping past the seals (or onto the drive belt).

Right so, got a Power Steering Pump an it doesn't fit! Gah.

Anyhow, I drained the fluid, took out the belt and stripped out the Pump. Took the pump apart and all looked really good inside! So I cleaned it, lubricate all the seals with power steering fluid and re-***embled it.

Re-fitted the pump, replaced the fluid and replaced the drive belt. All seems good now.

Thanks.