What's new

How to enter radio code on Honda Accord idetec 8 gen

Drusaf

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
I have Honda Accord 2009 eighth generation , i lost my key and call a mechanic to open the car door for me , in the event he also disconnected the battery terminals. I found my Key later on. The problem is that everything is reset on my car including my radio.

I do have the code for the radio but I don’t know how to enter the code on my car. I have tried various different ways. The code has to be entered in the mini display just above to volume and power on /off knob. Not on the main display. But it doesn’t work. Can any body help . Please

Thanks for getting back to me. I am afraid it is asking for a code. I have tried to enter it but wont let me do it . On the mini display above volume button. I have since tried twice fiddling with various butttons. It now displays code error 3. Radio wont work at all. My blue tooth phone will pair with the radio but the connection wont work either. I guess there must be a way of entering the code on the display. Thanks

I had to enter the code after cleaning the battery terminals up. Don't think I found it difficult, it just went in.
Mine has nav, may be different for others?
My 'anti theft radio card' has two numbers a 5 digit and a 8 digit. I don't remember which number I used.
Not sure if this will help...

8th-radiocode.jpg

Thanks Matt for getting back .

I have solved the problem , it is a bit of education for all accord 8 gen users.

When you disconnect the battery terminals. Then you have to enter the code on the radio and the way you do it is , the radio will definitely ask for a code. You just click the designated station numbers buttons. They are from one to six . And the radio will start . I hope no body else had this problem but gave me a heading .

Thanks