What's new

I-ctdi What is this ?. I have broken it.

rattache

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord cdti
Hi guys, today I changed the leaking top power steering hose on my 2008 i-ctdi EX and managed to break this item in the process. Does anyone know what it is and what it does. I have glued it back in place for now but I do not think it will hold. The car starts and runs ok with no engine management light but I am concerned that the car will go in limp mode if it fails.
If anyone else is in the market for a top power steering hose I paid £12.06 from e-bay. The quality looks comparable to the original for more than £300 quid less. I had slight fettling problems as with all pattern parts but it is on and is working fine.

i-ctdi ex 2.jpg

That is your turbo solenoid. Don’t feel bad, they’re very easy to break. In fact I always keep one spare with me, as quite often if I’m tuning a customers car I’ll find they have a broken one.

The bit you’ve broken is the diaphragm which regulates the vacuum pressure to control the boost solenoid actuator. You may get a warning light, but even if you don’t it’s advisable to change it as your boost regulation will be out of tolerance with it broken.

They’re cheap enough to buy second hand on eBay. On the facelift car the egr solenoid is the identical part so you can swap them over.