What's new

Idler and tensioner pulley

bijomaru

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Guys I think I will have these 2 replaced. The weird ticking irregular noise is getting now louder gradually and I spoke to a guy next door who has a garage and he offered his hand in replacing these if I can get the parts. He's done some little stuff for me before and I can see he's got a lot of ppl coming to him to get their cars done and not some old bangers so I do trust him.

I tried looking on internet and ebay but had no luck. Apart from HH which I am going to ask at the meet, any other place comes across your mind?

Honda only Rob. Make sure it's a genuine idler and pulley and of course you're chaning the Aux belt at the same time?

Steering rack was replaced definitely. That's what took them 6 weeks to get shipped from JPN. Not sure of all replaced parts never got a list :/

I have tried to show that noise to couple of guys and Fahad but I failed to do it properly. Engine cold and little revs and you can hear exactly what I mean. When it get's warm and idling you can only hear it when you know what you're looking for. I guess I'll ask my neighbour to remove the belt and have a look.

If it ain't sorted by 30th October I am afraid Faddy will have to lend his ear again lol

rolleyes.gif