What's new

Interior light not working. How to access?

Joyful

Reaction score
Car
Mk8 2009 Tourer 2.2
My front interior lights are not working. Neither on door opening or manual switch on or the reading lights.

The rear automatic roof light is working normally.

I looked in the manual and fuse 6 in the interior box seems to be the one. I removed it and checked and the rear light went on and off so the fuse is good. As fuse 6 seems to cover all the interior lights I guess it must be wiring (could be bulbs although there are three different ones so seems strange).

So any advice on opening up the roof panel to see what's going on?

The panel also has the sunshine roof mechanism which is working ok, but is on a separate fuse.

My front interior lights are not working. Neither on door opening or manual switch on or the reading lights.

The rear automatic roof light is working normally.

I looked in the manual and fuse 6 in the interior box seems to be the one. I removed it and checked and the rear light went on and off so the fuse is good. As fuse 6 seems to cover all the interior lights I guess it must be wiring (could be bulbs although there are three different ones so seems strange).

So any advice on opening up the roof panel to see what's going on?

The panel also has the sunshine roof mechanism which is working ok, but is on a separate fuse.
20201229_155019_1.jpg

Last edited:
I had a similar problem and turned out to be the little switches in the roof panel that actually control the feed when they are pressed or not. Apparently its fairly common and I managed to get a pair from eBay for about £5.

From memory the clear cover on lights in the panels pull off and there are then screws behind. Very simple replacement

I had a similar problem and turned out to be the little switches in the roof panel that actually control the feed when they are pressed or not. Apparently its fairly common and I managed to get a pair from eBay for about £5.

From memory the clear cover on lights in the panels pull off and there are then screws behind. Very simple replacement

Ok, thanks. I will see if the clear covers come off without damage.