What's new

Is headlamp faulty?

rivergreen

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I'm wondering if anyone has experienced a projector go faulty?

One side dipped beam is noticeably dull, I've replaced the bulb and is still the same, so swapped bulbs over just to be sure and the same side is still dull. The front lens isn't foggy, and I can't see any condensation. The good side and the dull one look just the same looking in through the front. The bulb is seated correctly, and if lit up out of the holder seems to be as bright as it should be, so don't think there is a low voltage/wiring problem.

The only thing I can think is that the projector has gone bad.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?. I'm about to buy a replacement headlamp unit but thought I would join here and ask the members if I may have overlooked something?

I haven't but when it gets dusk I later I'll take one of the beams on the garage door, I think it will show up the difference. The projector condition looks fine, both sides look the same, nothing to see realy, only the front lens can be seen.

I was wondering if the projector can be removed once the headlamp unit is off the car?

I've had another look into this and it was the bulb after all, I must have mixed up what I was doing before, I was a bit more careful with swapping things around this time. Sorry to have misled.

I decided to upgrade my HID kit to a newer version from Horizon LEDS has there is a 30% sale on now, instead of just getting another bulb.

That's a great result. Luckily you didn't buy a replacement headlamp :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's a great result. Luckily you didn't buy a replacement headlamp unit :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk