What's new

Issue starting/stopping?

nodrogs

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2
Firstly, my accord has never been very smooth at stopping, sometimes goes off with like a but of a clatter and shake but I just live with it. This morning when I got into work, turned it off and it was like an extra bad judder/squeak. Thought thats a bit rough so waited and restated. Took longer that I was expecting to restart and again started with a bit of a clatter bit ran fine once started. Repeated the process but seemed better the second time. Anyone experienced anything like this before? Just changed oil at weekend but can't imagine this would have anything to do with it, has been running smoothly.

have you cleaned your egr this might help.

Pre electronic days I would suggest the fuel shut off valve letting by hence fuel continues to be injected.

Not sure what switches off the fuel in the Accord, ie ECU, Perhaps CJ may have some ideas

i also get this, but mainly when i start the engine up after driving a while, theres like a judder when the engine starts i was thinking maybe it was the engine mounts so had them checked, all ok, so i got to live with it... :rolleyes:

Hi Brett, do you think the egr would cause this issue without any issues when running?

Hi Terry, we thought my old Rover had a problem with the fuel stop solenoid, but after changing the pump found it was a broken wire, but I know what you mean!

Waj, we've had the exact same issue with driveshafts (wobble at 20), dirt around our injectors and now funny start/stops - are our cars twins ?? :D

the erg might be sticking when starting the engine.It will be good maintenance to clean the valve.have a look in the diy section

Ok Brett. I'm just cautious about fiddling with things like this unless I'm sure its needing attention but maybe I'll have a look at it as part of my 100k service :)