What's new

Just got myself a bargain!

Alans27

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0 se
One of these...
I found this "Pioneer DEH-X5800BT Car Stereo.", while browsing the Argos Mobile app:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4768537.htm

I am delighted with it!!! It's replacing a faulty jvc I got and honestly sound wise it blows the similar priced jvc away!

But best of all, this radio is nearly a hundred quid in every other car audio retailer, google it. Yet it's on offer in Argos for £75 quid which is a steal!!
Don't know how long it'll be at this price for so if you're looking for a head unit grab one quick.

I can't recommend it enough :)

Quite rare to see a head unit with both CD AND Bluetooth. Not a bad price at all, pitty I don't need one (plus i'm not a fan of 'flashy' head units which most of them seem to be these days especially in the night).

Yeah I was worried about that myself mate but you can adjust it so it doesn't flash at all. Infact by default it doesn't flash. Doesn't on mine anyway.

Mine just has steady lighting and looks fine.

But the best thing I like has to be the sound. Usually when I buy a radio I spend ages fiddling with it trying to made it sound right and even then I'm never quite happy. But with this pioneer all I've done is add a little bass boost and boosted the loudness setting and straight away it sounds just right. Got this really nice, warm sound to the bass on it. I'm made up with it :)

Alans27 said:
But the best thing I like has to be the sound. Usually when I buy a radio I spend ages fiddling with it trying to made it sound right and even then I'm never quite happy. But with this pioneer all I've done is add a little bass boost and boosted the loudness setting and straight away it sounds just right. Got this really nice, warm sound to the bass on it. I'm made up with it :)
Alright if you like that kinda thing I suppose. I'm not too fussed about making my car rattle on the streets with my latest Drum&Bass fusion remix. :lol:

I use a Sony GT-410U that i've had in four different cars now, can't complain (plus I got it for an even more insane price off eBay a good 5 or 6 years ago). Has a nice VFD display that's not flashy and bright, comes with remote and both Aux and USB inputs. Sounds pretty good too, I just permantly stick a tiny SanDisk dongle in it with all my choonz on. So small infact, it fits in the facia case!

As you can probably tell, i'm kinda fussy with my radio units, even if it might make me sound like an old fart...

GT-410U:
1077258.jpg

Ha ha I don't think my old Accord would suit drum and bass, it'd probably blow the windows out :)

That's a darn good price for that range. Always been happy with the Pionner stuff, even the crusty 90's tape unit I was given at one point to replace a broken factory unit.

Now with the Bose kit in the car I've got the Grom Audio adapter hooked up in the boot where the changer is and a £100ish music player with a 128gb card in it. And despite my ever decreasing youth it sounds perfectly fine blaring out those modern hits by Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac, ELO, The Shadows and of course a bit of Hall & Oates (I have a sickness, it can't be helped) :-D

I think the main thing is that the speakers in these cars are actually fairly decent, they just need something with a better output to use them properly, most factory units are pants.

It's a cracking radio for the money and the Honda factory speakers are great. I'm made up with it.