What's new

K20A6 exhaust system

jcalvarez

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2005 2.0 SE
My trusted Accord 55reg still runs sweet like a Swiss clock. The only issue is the exhaust system is now closer to the end of life, it has been welded a couple of times but I think it is now the time to bit the bullet and replace it. I know the cost will probably higher than the value of the car, but I don't care, I like the car.
Can anybody advice about the options? I would like to put something that last at least 10 years. I have seen options in Eurocarparts etc, but not sure how bad/good they are. I can always go back to Honda, but that will definitely sting.

Is it worth a custom stainless job? Obviously will cost more but will outlast the car. I've found aftermarket stuff just doesn't last these days.

Is it worth a custom stainless job? Obviously will cost more but will outlast the car. I've found aftermarket stuff just doesn't last these days.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. But I don't know a reputable company around here (Fife or thereabouts).
What is the approximate cost of a custom stainless job? I'm not looking for performance gains, just a good exhaust system that lasts.

Is it a saloon or tourer? I have the tourer with the same engine as yours and decided to fit the twin exhaust found on the k24.I wanted the twin pipe look as well as a raspier sound.I bought mine off ebay and installed myself.Although fitting went well it would have been almost impossible to seperate old exhaust sections if i wanted to retain the cat for example.The quality of this aftermarket system aint great though ***uming you go like for like i would strongly suggest a genuine one.
I will probably rip it all off and buy a honda system this summer.

Is it a saloon or tourer? I have the tourer with the same engine as yours and decided to fit the twin exhaust found on the k24.I wanted the twin pipe look as well as a raspier sound.I bought mine off ebay and installed myself.Although fitting went well it would have been almost impossible to seperate old exhaust sections if i wanted to retain the cat for example.The quality of this aftermarket system aint great though ***uming you go like for like i would strongly suggest a genuine one.
I will probably rip it all off and buy a honda system this summer.
Is a saloon. And yes, I'm afraid it will be a Honda one, just trying to make sure there are no other good options. The original exhaust lasted almost 16 years, so it will be peace of mind, if not the wallet, to go for a genuine exhaust.

Mine too was still on its original exhaust and although it was shabby it was intact! When its removed you will see how well its made.....like everything else on the car well constructed using premium materials.Still remarkable its lasted 16 years.