What's new

Key fob battery change

Accordial

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 2.2 D Tourer
So I undid the screw using a soldering iron as per instructions. What glue should I use to re-close it?

Thanks

Hi I have changed both of mine and not used anything to close them and never come open in use, if thats ant help, Only my personal experience though.
regards john.

Same here. I found the screw was tight enough when refitted without any additional threadlocking compound.

A soldering iron ?

On the fobs I have for the Accord the screw stops the blade from moving about, the clasp mechanism at the keyring end is what keeps it all together.

A soldering iron ?

On the fobs I have for the Accord the screw stops the blade from moving about, the clasp mechanism at the keyring end is what keeps it all together.
The tiny screw (on a fixed, non-flipping) key is usually threadlocked in place. A brief warm with a soldering iron is enough to soften the threadlock to the point where the screw can be undone without obliterating the head. Once it has been undone a time or two it doesn't need to be heated again, but nor does the threadlock need to be replaced.