What's new

Kratzer-Ex Scratch Remover (Review + Pics)

padraig

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ex i-CTDi
To start, I had one scruff (from another car door) and one scratch (from a cat jumping up onto the bonnet). I saw the Kratzer-EX kit in Aldi so I said I'd give it a go.

Here's what's in the kit (ignore the pliers, haha)

5547248068_8912ae95c8_b.jpg

This is the first scruff that I worked on (not very deep):

5546666537_4c89d32ea7_b.jpg

I used the (very very fine) sandpaper provided and sanded around the area:

5546668585_fb1f1efc4c_b.jpg

Next I used the No.1 "Repair" tube and applied a small bit of it to the cloth and started working it into the area for about 3 mins.
Then I used the No.2 "Finish" tube and again applied a small bit of it to the cloth and started working it into the area for about 3 mins.
Here is the final result:

5546669693_3a75144934_b.jpg

The above scruff was perfectly removed and polished over, but the next deeper scratch did not work out as well. This is the before pic, you can see some stone chips too:

5546671115_d96e0f594f_b.jpg

After going through the same process, you can see that the final result was not the same:

5547252458_d51702880b_b.jpg

With the last scratch, it did make it a bit more unnoticeable by smoothing it more into the car but it's still there if you looked for it. Perhaps I should have sanded it down a lot more, I think this would have helped remove the scratch even more.

I think for a deeper scratch (and/or chip) you you need to use some form of filler first, then go through the Kratzer-EX process, but for scruffs and lighter scratches, it works great.

Padraig.

P.S. The photos are on my Flickr account, don't know if hot linking is allowed? If not, I'll re-up the pics elsewhere.